Sunshine... taxpayer funded farm subsidies in Elk County, KS

Started by Patriot, March 10, 2011, 10:21:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

Total USDA Subsidies in Elk County, Kansas, 1995-2009

Recipients of Total USDA Subsidies from farms in Elk County, Kansas totaled $16,157,000 in from 1995-2009.

Very educational.  For full names & details:  http://farm.ewg.org/top_recips.php?fips=20049&progcode=total&regionname=ElkCounty,Kansas

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

srkruzich

Sarcastic mode on:

Damn how can i get some of this......10 -20k would go a long way in building my bees up! 

Sarcastic mode off:

At least I will have the knowledge and the ability to say i took nothing from anyone in building my apiary.  That it is done by my own sacrifice and my own blood sweat and tears.  IF i fail i fail honestly, if i succeed i owe no man anything!
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Patriot

Quote from: srkruzich on March 10, 2011, 11:27:13 AM
At least I will have the knowledge and the ability to say i took nothing from anyone in building my apiary.  That it is done by my own sacrifice and my own blood sweat and tears.  IF i fail i fail honestly, if i succeed i owe no man anything!

AMEN!

redcliffsw

Ever notice whose picture is on the wall at the local FSA office?

Kinda fits the whole scenario.......

Patriot

Quote from: redcliffsw on March 10, 2011, 12:00:17 PM
Ever notice whose picture is on the wall at the local FSA office?

Kinda fits the whole scenario.......

Do tell.  Haven't been there.

sodbuster

Good post, very interesting and important information. The only problem is this is just another example of people paying taxes and then legally getting them back in some form. Kansas gets more money from the Feds than they pay in income tax, yet they are among the biggest voices in smaller government. Elk County was overwhelhmingly against the stimulus and their Congressmen voted against it as they should. Elk County then recieved stimulus funds that they should have sent back. My point is that no one is willing to give up the money they get from the government. Some of the people that get their income from the government in the form of social security; even argue against farm subsidies. Not much difference in my book.

Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

thatsMRSc2u

Sounds like sour grapes to me....More power to the family farmers!

If they can figure how to get some money back from the government MORE POWER TO EM. Farmers are the backbone and always HAVE been.

Thats all I got to say bout that.

redcliffsw

Let's all help them some more by doing it the right way - abolish the Federal income tax. 

That would help a lot of folks plus we'd be more in line with the Constitution and the founding fathers.

Or do we can continue on the socilaistic path?

sodbuster

Quote from: thatsMRSc2u on March 12, 2011, 11:38:33 AM
Sounds like sour grapes to me....More power to the family farmers!

If they can figure how to get some money back from the government MORE POWER TO EM. Farmers are the backbone and always HAVE been.

Thats all I got to say bout that.

I think your name is Pam? I believe you have a "famous" poem written for you " Called "She Wolf". Sorry if I have the wrong person, but your posts sound familiar. I am going to take the chance that you are who I think you are.

If "family farmers" are the backbone of the US we have a serious case of osteoporosis. I urge everyone to buy as buy of your food from local family farms. I do, here in California and it doesn't cost me much more than the big Supermarket, and it is well worth it.

Just add this to the harm done to the US by the fact that we depend on too much food from outside sources, add foriegn oil dependence, and then when we are done with that we can add water to the mix. Remember to support your local businesses.

David 
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

Anmar

Quote from: sodbuster on March 14, 2011, 05:12:16 PM
I think your name is Pam? I believe you have a "famous" poem written for you " Called "She Wolf". Sorry if I have the wrong person, but your posts sound familiar. I am going to take the chance that you are who I think you are.

If "family farmers" are the backbone of the US we have a serious case of osteoporosis. I urge everyone to buy as buy of your food from local family farms. I do, here in California and it doesn't cost me much more than the big Supermarket, and it is well worth it.

Just add this to the harm done to the US by the fact that we depend on too much food from outside sources, add foriegn oil dependence, and then when we are done with that we can add water to the mix. Remember to support your local businesses.

David 

I don't think thats Pam.  I have 12 relatives on that list,  pretty interesting.  I think that if the government properly put tariffs on goods imported from other countries, we wouldn't have to give subsidies to the farmers just so they can keep their heads above water.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk