If these numbers are even 1/2 correct...

Started by Patriot, March 03, 2011, 01:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

I don't have a problem frank with what you said.  THE ONLY Problem i would have is if the Government dictated that i could not have a vehicle that had x number of horsepower.  That is my choice.  I mean come on, if you happen to have a 64 GTO, you just have to build that puppy up to a 650hp engine. ITs just one of those things you gotta do!

Do you by chance know how much petroleum is used in the manufacturing of Medical plastics?  Right now thats a important product. 

One thing that gets to me is the production of trashbags. WHY?  What ever happened to just putting it in a barrel and just hving the trashman dump it into hte truck.  But in some cities, they require you to have your trash bagged for some reason.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

frawin

Quote from: srkruzich on March 07, 2011, 05:40:43 PM
I don't have a problem frank with what you said.  THE ONLY Problem i would have is if the Government dictated that i could not have a vehicle that had x number of horsepower.  That is my choice.  I mean come on, if you happen to have a 64 GTO, you just have to build that puppy up to a 650hp engine. ITs just one of those things you gotta do!

Do you by chance know how much petroleum is used in the manufacturing of Medical plastics?  Right now thats a important product.  

One thing that gets to me is the production of trashbags. WHY?  What ever happened to just putting it in a barrel and just hving the trashman dump it into hte truck.  But in some cities, they require you to have your trash bagged for some reason.

Earlier Quote from Steve"right now, i have two trucks that i could get running well with a few bucks, and i can outfit them with something called a gassifier that would allow me to burn hedge or any wood to fuel  my truck.  I would get a mile a pound of wood.   I have put it off and kept putting it off and its quickly becoming a option i am considering just doing.  Plenty of wood around to drive anywhere i want to go.    Neat thing about it is that i can retain the ability to use gas along with utilizing the methane production from the wood, and if i were to include a brown gas generator on the vehicle, i would increase the power and mileage on both forms."[/b]

Steve when you are souping up that 650 HP engine, could you rig it to burn Hedge Trees or even better rig it to burn Cedar Trees, Cedar Trees are taking the country and they would be plentiful for you to burn. That way you would be doing your part and still having you monster engine.

srkruzich

Quote from: frawin on March 07, 2011, 06:34:40 PM
Earlier Quote from Steve"right now, i have two trucks that i could get running well with a few bucks, and i can outfit them with something called a gassifier that would allow me to burn hedge or any wood to fuel  my truck.  I would get a mile a pound of wood.   I have put it off and kept putting it off and its quickly becoming a option i am considering just doing.  Plenty of wood around to drive anywhere i want to go.    Neat thing about it is that i can retain the ability to use gas along with utilizing the methane production from the wood, and if i were to include a brown gas generator on the vehicle, i would increase the power and mileage on both forms."[/b]

Steve when you are souping up that 650 HP engine, could you rig it to burn Hedge Trees or even better rig it to burn Cedar Trees, Cedar Trees are taking the country and they would be plentiful for you to burn. That way you would be doing your part and still having you monster engine.

Alas the methane doesn't have the punch needed to run that 650 hp engine. IN FACT Gasoline today cannot run it.  I would have to put airplane fuel in to get it to run.  100+ octane level. 
But it sure fun to have one!!!!  LOL. 

sodbuster

The facts are that we use too much oil from outside sources and it puts us in a very precarious situation. We waste energy like no other country. In my opinion we will have to hit $6.00 per gallon gas before we start to take things seriously. Most people in the USA don't even discuss what we talk about here.  Thanks to you all that we discuss energy policy, because most of the people I know don't, until it hits them in the pocket book,which is too late. The energy crisis has been going on since the 70's and we still have not adressed the problem.

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

Varmit

Even if they are hit in the pocketbook it won't do any good.  Sure folks will bitch about it, but they'll still keep buying. 

Oil has nothing to do with our water supply problem??...You sure about that srkruzich?  How much has the production, refining, and use of oil contributed to the polution of our water? 

Another possible alternative that hasn't been mentioned is hemp.  One acre of hemp is capable of producing up to 50 barrels of useable oil.  Granted its not a fix-all solution but should be considered.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

srkruzich

Quote from: Varmit on March 08, 2011, 04:44:03 AM
Even if they are hit in the pocketbook it won't do any good.  Sure folks will bitch about it, but they'll still keep buying. 

Oil has nothing to do with our water supply problem??...You sure about that srkruzich?  How much has the production, refining, and use of oil contributed to the polution of our water? 
You know varmit you've made the claim. wheres the reliable info?

QuoteAnother possible alternative that hasn't been mentioned is hemp.  One acre of hemp is capable of producing up to 50 barrels of useable oil.  Granted its not a fix-all solution but should be considered.
Hemp won't power gas engines there varmit.

frawin

Steve, Hemp is in fact an excellent source for Ethanol and can be blended with Petroleum based gasoline for fuel.

Patriot

Quote from: frawin on March 08, 2011, 10:37:08 AM
Steve, Hemp is in fact an excellent source for Ethanol and can be blended with Petroleum based gasoline for fuel.

And can be done in substantial quantity, if enough taxpayer subsidies & mandates are forthcoming!
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

srkruzich

Quote from: frawin on March 08, 2011, 10:37:08 AM
Again you cannot run ethanol in cars that are not built to handle ethanol.  First of all, jets in carb vehicles have to be changed and metered for it, secondly, in tbi cars the injectors are destroyed by any ethanol that is put through it. The ethanol eats the seals to pieces.  Third the injection system that replaced the tbi cannot deal with ethanol as its seals will be destroyed too.  If you notice only newer model cars that are marked e85 can run ethanol without damage to the engine.

Ethanol has so far been the biggest mistake this country has ever made because they take our food supply and turn it into fuel which has raised the cost of our food supply drastically.  Last but not least, ethanol is no where cheaper than using gasoline without government subsidy.  It costs over 3.00 - 4.00 per gallon to make ethanol when you factor in all the costs associated with production.  I looked into this many times, and from a cost standpoint, its far more cost effective for me to make goldengrain and sell it for 30 dollars a gallon for folks to drink and then take the money and buy gas.

redcliffsw

Frawin, I was in BV about 2 or 3 months ago and got gasoline a Phillips 66.  If I recall, the gasoline was 10 or 15% ethanol.
Kinda surprised to see that at a Phillips station in Bartlesville and I prefer 100% gasoline.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk