SIMMONS, Jess W. "J.W." - d. Feb. 22, 2011

Started by Marcia Moore, February 23, 2011, 09:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcia Moore

Don't know how many will remember J.W., but he was raised at Severy and graduated in the class of 1950.  

Jess W. "J.W." Simmons, 78, of Augusta, Kansas, retired business man and rancher, passed away Tuesday morning, February 22, 2011.  

Jess was preceded in death by his parents, Russell and Opal Simmons of Severy Kansas.  He is survived by his wife of 50 years, Vicki; brother, Lewis Simmons (Joann) of Augusta, Kansas; sister Joyce Mann (Bob) of Denver, Colorado; daughters, Sandy Doyle (Chris) of Andover, Kansas, Sheila Cole (Terry) of Wichita, Kansas, and Sherri Lynn Poston (Geoff) of Lawrence, Kansas; son, Scott Simmons (Julie) of Augusta, Kansas; and grandchildren, Sean, Devin, Talen, Laryn and Trey.

Visitation will be from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. Thursday, February 24, 2011 at Headley Funeral Chapel, 813 State Street, Augusta, Kansas.  A celebration of his life will be at 10:00 a.m. Friday, February 25, 2011 at First Baptist Church, 1501 State Street, Augusta, Kansas.  In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to First Southern Baptist Church, 2206 Ohio, Augusta, Kansas 67010.

frawin

Sorry to hear of J. W.'s passing.  I knew him and several other members of his family, as I worked for Russell and Opal when they had the restaurant and filling station at the Junction.  My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

Myrna

Janet Harrington

I didn't know Jess Simmons, but I knew Russell and Opal. When we would go trick-or-treating, the Simmons used a movie camera to film all the little goblins. I can remember Mr. Simmons say, "Don't look at the tv, look at the camera." LOL

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk