Liberty or the Imperial State?...

Started by redcliffsw, February 18, 2011, 08:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

For the Love of Liberty
There are those who believe in liberty. And there are those who believe in the American imperial State. They are not the same.
-Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rockwell/for-the-love-of-liberty170.html

Varmit

Frankly, I don't give a damn about Egypt.  It would be nice however to see some of that revolt in this country.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Patriot

Quote from: Varmit on February 21, 2011, 10:30:09 AM
Frankly, I don't give a damn about Egypt.  It would be nice however to see some of that revolt in this country.

Just to be clear, Varmit, are you advocating insurrection and the violent overthrow of the US government?  If not, then wtf are you advocating?

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

redcliffsw

Patriot, Lincoln completed the overthrow about 150 years ago.

Varmit

I am advocating that the people in this country stand up to our gov't in a way that makes the gov't take notice.  Because, quite frankly, all the voting and letter writing and demonstrating hasn't changed a damn thing.  And you know what...it never will.  The only thing in washington that ever changes are the faces but the policies stay the same.  Insurretion and violence??...If need be.  Our gov't has gotten too big and too powerful and they don't listen.  The solution is simple...our founders laid it out for us.  If our gov't won't listen when we speak, I guarantee you they will listen when we shoot.

By the way, I'd rather advocate "insurrection and the violent overthrow of the US government" then the same old BS that has gotten us nowhere.  Freedom is only worth having if you're willing to fight for it.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Mom70x7

QuoteI am advocating that the people in this country stand up to our gov't in a way that makes the gov't take notice

Which, in a way, is what's happening on Wisconsin and Indiana.

Patriot

Quote from: Mom70x7 on February 23, 2011, 07:43:44 AM
Which, in a way, is what's happening on Wisconsin and Indiana.

No, what's happening there are 12% of the special interest union folks are whining and interfering with elected officials who are trying to shrink the size and interference of government in the lives of the real middle/working classes.  Unions keep talking about the middle class & workers.... they represent a majority of neither.  And public unions are a farce.  They use their dues to elect friendly democrats who negotiate with taxpayer money to give union members a better life at the expense of the taxpayer.  How neat, hire the boss with whom you will collectively bargain and who gets your raise, not from increased profits, but from taxes taken by force of law from the private sector. Look at my happy headline posts.  If these teachers were really about teaching kids and public service, they would be in a classroom and not camped out downtown.  Their ability to teach has nothing to do with collective bargaining.  Collective bargaining is about greed, self interest and influence by intimidation.  How Fabian.

The real population in Wisconsin and Indiana spoke in November!  Elections have consequences, and the whiners need to learn that as well as try to teach it.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk