View of a Doctor

Started by Jo McDonald, February 20, 2011, 12:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtcookson

Quote from: Varmit on February 21, 2011, 10:17:58 AMFrankly, health care in the worlds richest nation should be free.

Without a dictatorship that would be nearly impossible. Not only will it never be sustainable but no one would want to work in the health care field since they wouldn't be able to make enough money.

If you did pay them decent wages it would again be even more unsustainable. Then you also have to consider all of the companies that manufacture health care products, medicine, etc. and the transportation, etc. etc. Can't be done.

There's no such thing a free lunch and CERTAINLY no such thing as free health care.

debid

Just the other day I was at Batsons and watched a lady pay for 2 big hearts of valentines candy and 2 2 liters of name brand soda with her vision card. 

kshillbillys

To me, as a mail carrier, it still makes me mad every time I deliver one of those Government Cell Phones. I'm sorry, but if you haven't got a job to pay for your own cell phone, why do you even need one? It's not a right to have one!---Jennifer
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

redcliffsw

Nobody should be drawing anything from the Fed's except U.S. veterans.

The Federal sponsored and promoted deals and Ponzi schemes should not exist.

Patriot

Quote from: redcliffsw on February 22, 2011, 08:58:24 AM
Nobody should be drawing anything from the Fed's except U.S. veterans.

Just to play devil's advocate...Why vets?  They accept their contract to serve voluntarily and get pay & benefits while in service.  When they leave service, what makes them any different than anybody else?  Just wonderin'.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

redcliffsw

Veterans benefits of some kind have been awarded since the Revolutionary War veterans.
Certainly those with disabilities ought to be considered.

The Confederate veterans were not awarded Federal benefits and that's understandable why
the Fed's would not do such a thing for those who served for the Cause because the USA was
changed by them to something different than its origins prior to the War For Southern Independence.

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on February 21, 2011, 10:58:30 AM
Nah, ya can't do that, but many urban poor would do well with cooking classes so they could learn what to do with more food basics, such as cheaper cuts of meat and yes, beans. Some very poor people who have learned to cook well have good nutrition, but are undernourished do to lack of amounts of food. They just don't get to eat much. Others are eating too much starch, the so called white diet, and are very short on protein, and fruit.
Sure we can Diane, Damn i eat poor if you want to call it that, still costs me 140 a mo just to buy the food i can afford.  PLUS i have another pita problem. I can't eat the foods that are usually eaten by poor folks.  No taters, no breads, nothing that has carbs in it that will turn into sugar. 
Fresh veggies have gotten outrageous in the stores, I am praying that i can get my garden to be successful this year! 
IF so, i can devote most of my grocery money into buying quality cuts of meat that i can use for soups and flavoring.

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

srkruzich

Quote from: redcliffsw on February 22, 2011, 09:52:26 AM
Veterans benefits of some kind have been awarded since the Revolutionary War veterans.
Certainly those with disabilities ought to be considered.

The Confederate veterans were not awarded Federal benefits and that's understandable why
the Fed's would not do such a thing for those who served for the Cause because the USA was
changed by them to something different than its origins prior to the War For Southern Independence.

Excuse me but a Vet is a Vet. Doesn't matter if they are confederate or union.  The South never changed the Constitution, it was Lincoln and company that did so.  Need to read the Constitution for the Confederate States of America.  ITs identicle to the original one.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Janet Harrington

Quote from: Patriot on February 22, 2011, 09:19:43 AM
Just to play devil's advocate...Why vets?  They accept their contract to serve voluntarily and get pay & benefits while in service.  When they leave service, what makes them any different than anybody else?  Just wonderin'.

Just to make sure we get history correct, not all veterans volunteered to serve. Some of them were drafted such as in the Vietnam War.

Patriot

Quote from: Janet Harrington on February 22, 2011, 07:42:37 PM
Just to make sure we get history correct, not all veterans volunteered to serve. Some of them were drafted such as in the Vietnam War.

Quite true.  My tours of duty began in 1972, just before the draft lottery gave way to the all volunteer force in 1973.  But post draft, military service is a contract for service entered into voluntarily by the service member.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk