Hunters Running Into Drug Smugglers

Started by frawin, February 19, 2011, 04:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mom70x7

Oh no, oh dear . . . Warph, I agree with you!  ;D  ;D  ;D

sixdogsmom

My old Mama used to say that they should make a big pile of all the drugs that people like to abuse and let them have at it. They wouldn't be allowed to take them anywhere, just use 'til they gave it up or not, whichever came first. And I agree with her, and Debbie, and, (Gulp), Warph!  :-\
Edie

greatguns

You want them to make drugs legal and yet you want it to be illegal to smoke legal cigarettes. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Warph

Quote from: greatguns on March 19, 2011, 10:11:12 PM
You want them to make drugs legal and yet you want it to be illegal to smoke legal cigarettes. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

I didn't say that, Guns.... either you had one to many or you mis-read the piece.  I suggust you set your bong down and go back and re-read it.  ::)

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

jarhead

WARPH,
Wow dude, that's radical !!! How long will buckets of hemp last in my bunker, with tight fitting lids ?? Can R.A.M.B.O. be trained as a guard dog to make sure "the heads" don't steal it ??Oh the dilemma of it all !!!!! :)

greatguns

WARPH,
  I didn't say you said that.  I haven't had any, much less one to many.  Sorry to disappoint you. :P

Teresa

Quote from: Warph on March 19, 2011, 02:03:33 PM
I'm thinking maybe ol' Charlie Sheen and all of the Hollywood stoners deserves a second chance, I mean who did they really hurt besides themselves?  Maybe it's time that we as a nation start staying out of people's personal problems and vices.  What are we doing spending billions of dollars trying to keep people's private lives in order?  And I'm talking about legal age consenting adults here, not kids... we obviously have to take special precautions to protect kids.  But what is this Orwellian hang-up of ours of sticking our nose into other grown-up's affairs?  What concern is it of ours if some mindless pot-head wants to spend his his life hooked up to a Turkish skull bong?  Now, I'm not pro-drug, they obviously cause a lot of damage, but I am pro-logic and I always say, you're never going to stop the human need for release through altered consciousness.  The government can take away all the drugs in the world and people will just spin around on their lawn until they fell down and saw
G-D.

It seems to really enrage the vast cheese dog and beer quaffing nation out there when someone decides to waste his own life chasing down chemical euphoria and I'm not sure why.  Our displeasure with someone hell-bent on self-ruination through drug use seems really disproportionate to its direct impact on us.  And as a matter of fact, I believe we amplify that impact when we attempt to enforce unenforceable laws.  It not only costs us billions of dollars, but it puts us in harms way as addicts are driven to crime as a means to an end.  Why do we chase druggies down like villagers after Karlov?  Let them legally have what they already have and defuse the bomb. 

I think the hysteria about drugs is often times baseless.  And this comes from me, a man who has never done cocaine in his life.  And you know, the war on drugs is more often than not, fruitless and patently hypocritical.  Be honest with yourselves now...  what drugs are the most dangerous to the most Americans?   Its a no brainer: cigarettes and alcohol.  Those are the statistical champions by hundreds of thousands of deaths.  And wouldn't you rather shoot a game of pool with a guy smoking a joint than a guy drinking whisky and beer?  Someone smoking a joint doesn't all of the sudden rear back and stab his partner in the eye socket with a cue stick, ok?  He's too busy laughing at the balls.

And you know as far as harder drugs go, if somebody wants to shoot up and die right in front of you, more power to him, you know?  It's his call.  And you know the herd always has a way of thinning itself out.  We aren't stupid people here in America, no more than anyone else in the world, so why are we obsessing on habits that harm no one but the habitual, while we let real problems slip ever further out of reach.  We seem to be willfully turning away from reality, and from logic might I add, to punish people, who in many instances are doing an extremely fine job of punishing themselves, thank you.  And in some cases they're not even punishing themselves, but rather just following age old spawning instincts that are as woven as deeply into their brain as their need to watch 2 and A Half Men and Dancing With The Stars.

....Warph

Warph... You are 100% plus 100 on this post..
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Jo McDonald

I'm marking my X in your corner, Warph!!!

You hit the nail on the head with this post!!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Diane Amberg

Only if you chemically neuter them all, keep them from driving, no weapons allowed, and make them stay out of public buildings so they don't stink up the place. Yuk!

Varmit

Diane, I seriously hope that you're joking.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk