Horrific Abuse case

Started by Teresa, February 17, 2011, 05:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

It's the case of child abuse shocking the country today. A man is accused of killing his adoptive daughter and severely injuring her twin brother.

In a hard-hitting interview with David Wilkins, head of Florida's Department of Children and Families, Megyn Kelly asks how the couple was allowed to adopt the twins in the first place given that they'd already been accused of abuse. And, how did it come to pass that an investigator visited the home on Thursday to look into charges of abuse, did nothing, and by Monday this 10-year-old child was dead.

http://www.foxnewsinsider.com/2011/02/17/megyn-kelly-on-horrific-abuse-case-how-were-they-allowed-to-adopt-these-children/
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

twirldoggy

Here are some contributing factors:

Lack of trained professionals that know what they are doing and that have a sense of ethical behavior

Poor Florida state support of social services; lack of supervision

Hard to access mental health services; mental health services inadequate

Increasingly bizarre crimes perpetrated on children; pedophiles and other perps getting off without prison time

srkruzich

Unfortunately this isn't something new.  I remember the little boy in atlanta in foster care that was beaten, burned, starved, and myriad of other atrocities by the people that were in charge and the state investigator did nothing to stop it.  The social worker did not even lose her job nor faced any prosecution for dereliction of her duty and is still employed. 
This is a common occurrence  but you will never hear about it because they hide behind hippa laws and privacy laws. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

twirldoggy

I am hearing on the news about more and more Florida cases  of abuse, neglect and murder. 

Teresa

It puts a fury inside me like nothing else I can describe..  >:(
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

twirldoggy

I did counseling with foster kids but I had to quit because of some of the awful things that occured.

I think the public needs to get involved and demand that systems work like they are supposed to.  The situation in Longton is an example.  An alleged perp was excused by the legal system, hired by another system  because of relatives, and kept on by a school board that tried to ignore the facts. 

In this case the Longton parents would not have it .  They started going to board meetings, ran for council and ran for board.  When people are willing to do this they are true heroes and they are going to get something done. 

srkruzich

theres used to be information on the abused kids, especially the ones that were murdered in foster care homes but the pages were eliminated as soon as the government found them.

hard to find much info on it cause its covered up and the ONLY reason its ever found out about is when news reporters happen on the story.

twirldoggy

I believe this is true.  Some foster parents are wonderful, but others are criminal and mentally disordered.

srkruzich

Quote from: twirldoggy on February 18, 2011, 04:19:00 PM
I believe this is true.  Some foster parents are wonderful, but others are criminal and mentally disordered.

Well what i believe is that its a cash cow.  They pay the foster parents around 2g a month, and for every kid the state has in foster care they get federal funding which keeps the "social services" in business.  The kids are a commodity.  Most of the good foster care parents that I have ever met left the program because of its corruption. 

personally they need to shut the entire system down dismantle it and find another way.

srkruzich

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk