94 Years of Memories

Started by W. Gray, February 10, 2011, 07:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

Has anyone ever heard of or read this book:

94 Years of Memories, supposedly published in Howard, Kansas, 1985
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

W. Gray

The dinner bell rang as I was posting the above.

The publisher was Irving S. Anderson, who may have also been the author.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

patyrn

Irving Samuel Anderson was a resident of Howard for probably his entire life.  He was married to my dad's cousin, Leah Hebb Anderson.  He has a daughter, Mary Ruth Anderson, who lives in Wichita.  I have not read his book, but he was a very devout Christian and a person with great enthusiasm for learning.  Before her death, Leah lived in the apartments on Washington, either next door to or maybe the same one where Johnnie Miller now lives. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk