Are You Ready?

Started by sixdogsmom, January 31, 2011, 11:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twirldoggy

The right sleeping bag is just wonderful for keeping you warm even outdoors in cold temps.

srkruzich

i just plain outright give up...... I just repaired the broken lines in my house and last night all theones i repaired shattered again.  EVEN ran the water in a small stream only created a ice mess untilit froze solid.

Tonight its going to -13.  Not going to be good.

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Roma Jean Turner

Sorry Steve, how frustrating for you.  I am really concerned about the house in Moline.  I haven't been able to get down there and I don't think Dana and Ed have.  I know they left the furnace on, but sure worry about the pipes freezing.  I just pray that the house will be okay until I can get moved there.

W. Gray

Somewhere just inside Mexico, the temperature was 9 below last night.

Yesterday, we were considerably colder that Elk County.

Today we are at 23 right now while the Elk County temperature, shown above, is 6.

Al Gore says there is very good explanation for the devastating cold weather as it is perfectly consistent with his theory of global warming.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

jarhead

Waldo,
I wish Albert Gore had an icicle shoved up------never mind. I got to quit on the negative rhetoric

srkruzich

Wellllll 43 dollars later i have the stuff to kinda solve my freezing problems I HOPE!
Bought two 5 inch iron pipes to screw into the iron pipe under the floor, two brass ball valves to screw onto the end of these pipes so i can turn water off.  HOPEFULLY this will stand up better than the PVC.  So when it drops below 20 i'll just shut off the pipes.  

srkruzich

Quote from: jarhead on February 03, 2011, 12:56:39 PM
Waldo,
I wish Albert Gore had an icicle shoved up------never mind. I got to quit on the negative rhetoric
Well I pulled apart my drain pipe from the kitchen sink and had a 8 -10" piece of ice plug tha you could use!

jarhead

Steve,
Is that 10 inches in length or diameter" If it's diameter we might need a bushing !!! :)

W. Gray

We are up to 32 but a surprise snow has appeared out of nowhere. About an inch has fallen so far.

You guys are being awfully rough on the one man who single handed invented the modern technology that has allowed the Elk Forum to even exist.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Diane Amberg

You too? Please look up the thing about Al Gore and you'll see what really happened. He never said he "invented" the Internet in the sense people took it to mean. He was instrumental in taking what was being used by the military and some upper echelon universities and worked to make it available to everyone as it is now. It's really a shame it turned into a big joke.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk