WEBSTER, Douglas Lynn - b. August 6, 1952 - d. January 31, 2011

Started by patyrn, February 01, 2011, 11:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Douglas Lynn Webster, age 58, passed away Monday, January 31, 2011.  He was born on August 6, 1952, the son of Dallas E. and Coretta A. (Morris) Webster.

Doug served in the Army from September 8, 1971 through August 31, 1974.  He received the National Defense Service Medal as a Marksman.  He was baptized on January 19, 2011.  For the last six years of his life, he took care of his mother, Coretta Webster of Howard, Kansas.  Doug wanted everyone to know that "it was nothing but a pleasure taking care of Mom".

Doug is survived by his mother, Coretta Webster of Howard, Kansas; a nephew, Kevin Dilli and his family, Sally, Diana, Dallas and Corree Dilli; many other nieces and nephews; along with aunts, uncles, and cousins.  Doug follows his father, Dallas Webster, and his sister, Diana Webster Howell, in death.

Funeral services will be held at 2:00 p.m. Saturday, February 5, 2011 at Countryside-Zimmerman Funeral Home, Howard, Kansas.  Visitation will be Saturday from 11:00 a.m. until service time  Interment will be held at Grace Lawn Cemetery in Howard.  Donations may be made to the V.A. Hospice.  Online condolences may be left for the family at www.countrysidefh.com.  Arrangements are under the direction of Countryside-Zimmerman Funeral Home, 206 E. Washington, Howard, Kansas 67349.

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

Janet Harrington

This was such a shock to me. Doug was one year ahead of me in school. Always was quiet. At least that's how I saw him. Prayers to his family and especially his mother.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk