What the hell?

Started by Teresa, January 30, 2011, 03:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

What the hell???
This pisses me off.. >:

The annual MLK observance at the state house in Columbia, S.C. had an interesting twist this year (Monday,Jan.17th 2011). The event was held on the north side steps of the statehouse. Prominent at that location is a large bronze statue of George Washington. This year, the NAACP constructed a "box" to conceal the Father of His Country from view so that participants would not be offended by his presence. Change has come and it ain't pretty!
(

http://freenorthcarolina.blogspot.com/2011/01/george-washington-statue-hidden-in-box.html
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

kshillbillys

We're with ya on this one Teresa! Without George Washington, would there have even been a MLK for them to celebrate? It offends us as well. These people are overstepping their bounds!
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

twirldoggy

Apparently they don't like Washington because he owned slaves.  He probably did a lot of other things that people nowadays wouldn't approve of.  But he is the father of our country and deserves respect.

I have never seen a statue blocked from view like this one was.   

Patriot

But it's not fashionable to be a white anglo any more.  I'm thinking about a DNA transplant so I don't have to wear a cardboard box everywhere I go. 
Don't wanna offend anybody ya know.  And everybody knows that we all have a 'right' not to be exposed to anything we consider offensive! 
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk