Have you got your federal government Internet ID yet?

Started by Patriot, January 20, 2011, 08:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

In order to preclude a mammoth off topic diversion, I'll pass on the 'mark of the beast' inferences here and stick with...
Here goes Obummer & the control freak Progressives... again!

The Identity Ecosystem: Obama's Plan for Internet Control
By John W. Whitehead
1/18/2011

The Obama Administration...wants to implement a universal internet ID that would eliminate the need for multiple usernames and passwords...However, for those who would take seriously John Adams' warning "to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty," this latest move is nothing short of a Trojan Horse attempt to sidestep privacy concerns and institute a national ID, all the while giving the government even greater access to our most personal information...

...Under the stated goal of achieving internet security and consumer convenience, the Identity Ecosystem, as the program has been dubbed, would supposedly streamline the process of doing business online by replacing the various login names and passwords currently used to access personal accounts and information on various websites with a universal internet ID.  However, as Curt Hopkins points out in the New York Times, "a user would have one, 'verified' ID, which would be known by the government, and a set of large corporations...

...Still, if the American people refuse to accept a universal internet ID as a way of life...  In its typical Orwellian fashion, the government has come up with a way around that potential hurdle, as well. Touting the internet ID's convenience and so-called ability to enhance online trust and privacy, the Obama Administration essentially plans to push its Identity Ecosystem as a way to cut through the government's bureaucratic red tape at the federal, state and local levels. Private corporations will eventually follow suit, making it all but impossible for the average American to avoid using the ID.

Complete story:  http://www.worldviewweekend.com/worldview-times/article.php?articleid=6834

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

redcliffsw

AND the last paragraph:

"When all is said and done, it doesn't really matter what party controls the White House or Congress, because the objective of our bureaucratic government remains the same: total control--of the nation, of the internet, and ultimately of you and me."

Patriot

To be sure.  Power corrupts.  Absolute power corrupt absolutely...  without regard to party affiliation!
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

srkruzich

THey did this with Drivers licenses and passports several years ago, and i got both of mine before they were implemented.  My passport and license is good til 2016. 

Might not even bother with either when it comes time to renew.   
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk