wonderful young men

Started by flo, January 12, 2011, 12:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

I was very surprised when three young men (either upper Jr. hi or high school age) came to the door to see if I would like them to clear my sidewalk.  They had no school today, and most people probably thought they would be in front of the electronic games, whatever they're called, or sleeping in, or sledding down some hill.  NO, they were out making some money for themselves and helping others in the meantime.  I told them that no one uses the north/south walk, but I would appreciate a path to the street to get the mail.  They cleared that down to the grass.  They were so courtous and done a fantastic job.  I did, however, remind them that you can't divide $10.00 three ways, so added some to make it even.  Bless our young folks.  They are not all lazy and dopers.  It's just that those are the only ones you seem to hear about.  Thanks guys !!!
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Clubine Ranch

I appreciate the fact that you shared the goodnews. We have lots of great young people to be proud of.

PrehistoricRez

Quote from: flo on January 12, 2011, 12:59:05 PM
They are not all lazy and dopers.  It's just that those are the only ones you seem to hear about. 

Your right, except, they didnt tell you that they were using it to buy dope

MarkHall

Flo is right - there are a lot of fine young people in Elk County... we have a lot of reasons to be proud of our local youth.

sixdogsmom

Quite a few years back, three young men knocked on my door and asked to shovel my walks. I let them do it, and when they were done I invited them in for some hot choclate. I served them in a fancy ladies' way with little cookies and napkins. You never saw such manners; they were right out of imagined Emily Post. I really enjoyed these guys and they had a great time impressing the 'old lady' whom they had helped that day. Of course they got paid with a little extra, for I had a great time myself. Good job Mom & Dad!  :D :D
Edie

Roma Jean Turner

If I come down there with a trailer load of stuff before the big truck comes I might need some extra hands to unload it.  Does anyone know how to get a hold of those boys?

greatguns

So glad not everyone in Elk county is negative!

Judy Harder

Roma, I would be glad to help you, if you need it.
Can't do heavy lifting, but, I can help with the smaller stuff.
Even know how to supervise where needed.
OF course, I am Bossy!
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Lookatmeknow!!

Roma, you can also message me. My younger girls are not the biggest help, but my oldest and I could help!! Just let us know what you need. I also might be able to get some kids together!! Just let us know!! I believe that we all need to work together in a small community and not against each other!! Plus, excited to get to met you!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Judy Harder

Ang she is just what this area needs. NEW BLOOD..........and someone to pick on.....LOL
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk