It begins... Congresswoman, 6 Others, Killed By Gunman

Started by Patriot, January 08, 2011, 01:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

Has a violent revolution begun? Is it real now?  If you thought the government was intrusive yesterday.... just wait.

Congresswoman, 6 Others, Killed By Gunman

by NPR Staff
January 8, 2011

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and six others died after a gunman opened fire at a public event on Saturday, the Pima County, Ariz., sheriff's office confirms.

The 40-year-old Democrat, who was re-elected to her third term in November, was hosting a "Congress on Your Corner" event at a Safeway in northwest Tucson when a gunman ran up and started shooting, according to Peter Michaels, news director of Arizona Public Media.

At least three other people, including members of her staff, were injured. Giffords was transported to University Medical Center in Tucson.

Giffords was talking to a couple when the suspect ran up and fired indiscriminately from about four feet away, Michaels said.

Full story:  http://www.npr.org/2011/01/08/132764367/congresswoman-shot-in-arizona

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

greatguns

Don't have the democrats dead before it is true.  Facts are always good!

Patriot

Quote from: greatguns on January 08, 2011, 03:11:37 PM
Don't have the democrats dead before it is true.  Facts are always good!

Don't shoot the messenger, gunz.  That was the headline at the time... things can surely change.  This will, however, likely result in a bunch of liberal knee jerk overreaction that will result in more calls for govt to 'do more.'  As to the death of 'the democrats'... don't think party affiliation was the issue.  Hell, I've met a lot of demos that were ok.... they just weren't Wilsonian progressives.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

greatguns

Diane Amberg

It's sad that a nine year old was killed for adult foolishness. So where were all those heavily armed people who swore that if more people were armed all the time this kind of thing wouldn't happen because the shooter would be too afraid of being shot himself he wouldn't try anything? Sadly in this case that theory didn't pan out. This  can't be allowed to be about left or right or conservative or liberal, this must be about life and death and loss of civilized behavior. There is no excuse for it, period. This didn't happen in a known violent area or a battlefield. It was at the local Safeway store north of Tuscon. If it's the one I think it is, it's in a very ordinary residential area.  I'm not positive though.   All those people died and were badly hurt for what?  It doesn't change anything except the lives of those people and their families who will never be the same.

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on January 09, 2011, 02:51:04 PM
It's sad that a nine year old was killed for adult foolishness. So where were all those heavily armed people who swore that if more people were armed all the time this kind of thing wouldn't happen because the shooter would be too afraid of being shot himself he wouldn't try anything? Sadly in this case that theory didn't pan out. This  can't be allowed to be about left or right or conservative or liberal, this must be about life and death and loss of civilized behavior. There is no excuse for it, period. This didn't happen in a known violent area or a battlefield. It was at the local Safeway store north of Tuscon. If it's the one I think it is, it's in a very ordinary residential area.  I'm not positive though.   All those people died and were badly hurt for what?  It doesn't change anything except the lives of those people and their families who will never be the same.

Well the guy was subdued by a doctor there.   Not sure what reason no one else was armed.  Might be that it was a democrat event and most dems are anti gun.  Shrug....
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Diane Amberg

I don't think any one is really anti gun around Tuscon are they? And how does a grocery store become political? If the locals shop there I would think it would be a mix of all kinds of people. The town meetings here are attended by all parties, not just the host's. How else does a person get a broad view of ideas, wants and needs from the people who live around there?

jarhead

Quote from Diane
How else does a person get a broad view of ideas, wants and needs from the people who live around there?

Now there's an easy one to answer Diane---from the Elk County Forum :)

larryJ

Someone tell Warph he can come out of hiding now.  They caught the guy.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

twirldoggy

He is a nutcase and often there is no defense against a nutcase.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk