Just a few tips...

Started by Varmit, January 06, 2011, 09:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerry wagner

Saskatoon is a city in Saskatchewan.

thatsMRSc2u

::) geez u guys :P.....yes Varmit it is the name of a bush and the berries that grow on that bush AND a city in Saskatchewan LOL. It is a Cree recipe :)

jarhead

Pam, this is totally unrelated but when I read "Cree" make me think "Creek". Have you ever read a book named "Creek Mary's Blood" ? I read it years ago and thought it was a good book

kshillbillys

Jarhead, after reading through here again, I read your post about using your poncho on your bed. You said it's slick and it keeps falling off in the floor during the night. Too avoid those unsightly yellow stains on your sheets buy a plastic fitted sheet instead. This goes for Varmit too. I knew you guys were bedwetters! ---Robert
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Varmit

You know Robert, theres a saying "People that play with fire wet the bed".  Now considering your interest in wood gasifiers and hydrogen bombs..oh, I mean hydrogen "generators" I take it you must have first hand knowledge and expirence with plastic sheets, so I'll just have to take your word for it.   8)
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

thatsMRSc2u

Jar, the name sounds familiar but if I have it's been so long ago I dont remember :P I looked it up and I've read a lot of Dee Browns books but dont remember this one. Have to see if I can find it somewhere

thatsMRSc2u

Varmit...why dont you start a thread about plain-livin, makin do, survival ...whatever you want to call it. I bet there is a lot of know-how out there that we all could share which will do a lot more good than the negative "oh we are all screwed" posts do.

Seriously.....bet a LOT of us would read it and participate!

Varmit

Pam...I had considered doing just that but finally rejected the idea because I don't think people (as a whole) are willing to do that.  I mean, they pay it alot of lip service but at the end of the day aren't willing to back up their claims.   Thats one of the reasons why I started this thread.  Well that and I honestly think that we are headed for a total shitstorm.  I know theres quite a few folks out there that are preparing for what is coming, or that want to but don't know how and are just kinda winging it.  So..I started this thread as a way to exchange ideas and information. 

But on a lighter note I have started taking my oldest boy out camping to teach him about outdoor survival. Building shelter with just a pocket knife and a bit of twine, setting traps for small game, evasion techniques, observe and report, and basic bushcraft, that sort of thing.  We had our first little trip last weekend and let me just say that I ain't as young as I used to be, because DAMN it was cold.  We are supposed to go out this weekend.  Gonna focus on shelter and camp set up.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Jo McDonald

Those berries grow in northern Minnesota --- Fred, Mom and Dad McDonald and I picked many of them and they make a mighty fine pot of jam or jelly.  Yummmmmmmy !!! Or stewed with a little cream and sugar.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

thatsMRSc2u

Varmit....Yeah I get your point on that but still think its a good idea....and thats a good thing you are doin with your son. I've known for a FEW years now that the time was comin when the ones who make it are the ones who learn how to the Old ways. I did the same with my boys when they were small and now I know at least one is doin the same with his. When they are young they see it as fun but it will stick with em and they will remember it when they need it.

Just had a slap the forehead DUH moment...when I said you oughta start a thread I shoulda said category/section or whatever.....duh Pam this is a thread LOL

Even if the shitstorm is just a situation like the Depression was there are things people can learn that will save em.

I realize that buggin out may be the only option in some situations but in just the case of no money etc. I stopped planting hybrid plants in my garden and have been lookin for and experimenting with heirloom seeds and plants and learnin how to save seeds for a few years now. I'm goin to learn how to use a bow this year too. I've been planting and learning how to dry and use herbs for simple medicine.....gonna ramp it up on that one.

Jo...My Joe is workin in minnesota..wish it was berry pickin time :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk