Out of the Fire

Started by sodbuster, January 01, 2011, 11:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sodbuster

Quote from: greatguns on January 06, 2011, 08:37:19 PM
I am so glad you had insurance.  And even with that the bills are astronomic I'm sure.  I am so glad you are getting along so well.  My thoughts are with you each and every day.  Take care of yourself.

Thanks greatguns.

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

twirldoggy

One of the things about long hospital stay is getting the malicious people to leave your room asap.

sodbuster

Quote from: twirldoggy on January 08, 2011, 08:03:46 PM
Yes!!  I could not get used to the people who would come in and say the darndest things.  I finaly just said yes and OK and they would walk out. 

Twirldoggy, I had a doc I called Dr. House. (If you watched that tv show you will understand.) He kept asking me do you smoke? I said no, I am the only non-smoker in a family of smokers.  He said I think your diaphram is paralyed. He had all his baby duck residents check me out to in their little morning gropu. He asked me the question a million different ways over the next couple week. Finally they did a flouroscope x-ray on me. He said, your diaphram is not paralyzed. I just looked at him. p.s. I won't even mention the lenght of the tubes they pulled out of other parts of my body. (Sorry folks for the image)

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

sodbuster

Quote from: twirldoggy on January 08, 2011, 08:06:23 PM
One of the things about long hospital stay is getting the awful people to leave your room asap.

All of the techs, nurses (male and female) looked like they were beautiful stars taken off the Hollywood set, I thought they were filming a movie.

David

sixdogsmom

Ain't it wonderful what images those meds can leave?
Edie

twirldoggy

Another thing that happens with long hospital stay is that the few things you look at is the people who come in.  Some are dressed wonderfully.  One of my nurses always had a nicely coordinated outfit and shoes, along with a long neclace with her ID on it.  Her hair was done nicely.  She looked so beautiful, I loved to see her.  Her necklace changed each time to coordinate with her outfit. 

larryJ

David, I do not have a dirty mind, well, a little, maybe.  Let's just call it a beautiful imagination which at my age is about all I have.

Let me direct your attention to the Games section to a thread called "Help me find someone."  If you have not seen this yet you might enjoy it.  There are no rules to this game although the general theme is to try to follow a phrase or word from the previous song, i.e., say the words "so long" was in the last entry, then try to find another song with those words, etc.  Anyway, it is fun to watch and even more fun to play.  As we had that one thread going about our "stars" experiences, you might like this one.

Larryj

HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

Yes David, I do know the questions and sorry, I didn't mean to put you on the spot. I didn't realize ,or forgot, you were mentally "away" that long. It sure seemed to work though, you sound great!

sodbuster

Loved all my cards you all sent,  here is one of my favorites from Marty and Joanna Hunter.

What doesn't kill us might not make us stronger...but it does give us pretty good bragging rights!

twirldoggy

Re Dr. House:  I think doctors have their own idiosyncracies and qwirks.  My doctor is severely stressed by hospital rounds.  You can literally see the anxiety on his face.  It does not inspire confidence!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk