Out of the Fire

Started by sodbuster, January 01, 2011, 11:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roma Jean Turner

You can go to RoadID.com and order various ID things.  For 10.00 bucks a year you can register all your info on their site.  I have a velcro bracelet that I wear all the time when I am bike riding and I even wore it on vacation in Vegas and California.    It has my name and the city I live in, the internet address and an 800 number.  On the back of the bracelet is a #serial number and pin #.  So if I am injured EMT's, Dr's etc can call the number or do the website and access all of my health info, history, insurance and people to call.  For the price you can't beat it.  Anyway, check it out  http://www.RoadID.com 

sodbuster

Just some random numbers and thoughts on my part about my stay in the hospital.

Current approx. length of my all my charges for everything 80 feet, printing front and back of the pages.
More detail on the bill:

Hospital Stay Room  and board for 30 days $221,000.
Doctors Fees still ringing these up $30,000.
31 day stay in the nursing home\rehab. center $19,521.
Medication costs: Retail cost big, What my insurance co. and I paid $$5000 during this last year.
Ambulance ride to my local hospital. $500.
Local Emergency Room Charges $5000.
Ambulance Transfer 30 miles south to the regional burn center $4871.
Ambulance Transfer from Burn Center to nursing home 4 miles away $458.
I am glad I have insurance because my cost of this was only a small fraction.

Memory of my stay that still makes me chuckle.
At the end of my hospital stay they were teaching me how I would be taking a shower at the nursing home. I found myself being wheeled into a shower by two young nurses in their 20's. How it went in my head. Dear Playboy I recently found myself in the shower with two 23 year old beautiful nurses...  How it really went. I was older than the two of their ages combined. Tomiko, Yasmine you girls stand back I can wash myself and I don't want to get you wet.
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

Diane Amberg

Thanks for sharing more. It's good to hear you laugh, Ok chuckle again. Isn't it amazing how health care costs pile up? Literally! ;D ;D ;D  Actually those ambulance bills weren't too bad. Ours would have been about the same here. Some day when you are up to it, I'd love to hear about your burn center experience. We have Crosier Chester Burn Center that we use here, which is an excellent one. I would expect that the debriding and treatment processes would be about the same most places, but I'd love to know what they did about your lungs. I'm not as up on all that as I was a few years ago. Because of your kind of burns, did they consider helicoptering a team from the Burn Center to you and treating you in route( flying) back to the Burn Center?

twirldoggy

A funny memory of the hospital:  I had tubes every where including heart monitor, pic line, catheter and vacuum for a wound. Surgeon told me not to sit up.  A nurse came in and told me I needed to jump in the shower.  I said OK.

greatguns

I am so glad you had insurance.  And even with that the bills are astronomic I'm sure.  I am so glad you are getting along so well.  My thoughts are with you each and every day.  Take care of yourself.

larryJ

Hmmmm----tough decision on the nurses and the shower.  My imagination tells me that I should go with the first (playboy) scenario.  I am sure I would not care if the nurses got------------Oh never mind.  Just leave me to my imagination.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

sodbuster

Quote from: Diane Amberg on January 06, 2011, 07:17:45 PM
Thanks for sharing more. It's good to hear you laugh, Ok chuckle again. Isn't it amazing how health care costs pile up? Literally! ;D ;D ;D  Actually those ambulance bills weren't too bad. Ours would have been about the same here. Some day when you are up to it, I'd love to hear about your burn center experience. We have Crosier Chester Burn Center that we use here, which is an excellent one. I would expect that the debriding and treatment processes would be about the same most places, but I'd love to know what they did about your lungs. I'm not as up on all that as I was a few years ago. Because of your kind of burns, did they consider helicoptering a team from the Burn Center to you and treating you in route( flying) back to the Burn Center?
Diane, can't help you. After I put out the fire and took Kansas and Lucky outside I passed out. I was not burned. The rest is unknown to me. The way the procedure works for burns is you are taken to the local emergency room, which in my case was 2 miles away, they stabilized me intubated me, induced a coma, and sent me to the burn unit. They woke me up 13 days later, and I have no memory of anything during that time.

When they woke me up they asked questions. My answers. Looks like a hospital. John McCain I think. Don't know the year. January. You tell me. I think you will know the questions.
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

sodbuster

Quote from: twirldoggy on January 06, 2011, 07:36:47 PM
A funny memory of the hospital:  I had tubes every where including heart monitor, pic line, catheter and vacuum for a wound. Surgeon told me not to sit up.  A nurse came in and told me I needed to jump in the shower.  I said OK.

Twirldoggy I understand your message. I had all of the same tubes. Wasn't it amazing on how long the pic line tube is when it comes out of your arm. I'd guess 11" or more.
David

sodbuster

Quote from: larryJ on January 07, 2011, 11:19:54 AM
Hmmmm----tough decision on the nurses and the shower.  My imagination tells me that I should go with the first (playboy) scenario.  I am sure I would not care if the nurses got------------Oh never mind.  Just leave me to my imagination.

Larryj

Larry you have a dirty mind. I should have left out the word wet.

David

twirldoggy

Yes!!  I could not get used to the people who would come in and say the darndest things.  I finaly just said yes and OK and they would walk out. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk