HELMS, Larry Leland - b. June 2, 1944 - d. December 30, 2010

Started by Janet Harrington, December 30, 2010, 07:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

Larry Helms, former resident of Howard, Kansas, died this evening in Arizona. Larry is a brother to Beryl Helms, who currently lives in Howard. No other details at this time. I learned this from his son, Jason Helms. Larry had three children that grew up in Howard and graduated from West Elk, Tina Helms Silvers, Samantha Helms Thomas, and Jason Helms.

Janet Harrington

I sent a text to Jason Helms today asking what the plans for Larry Helms service were. Larry has been cremated and they are having a simple service in Arizona.

Janet Harrington

Larry Leland Helms, age 66, of Tonto Basin, Arizona,  passed away on Thursday, December 31, 2010 at the Mayo Clinic in Phoenix, Arizona.  He was born in Howard, Kansas on June 2, 1944, the son of Lela (Kelsey) and Sidney W. Helms.

He was an artist and craftsman and traveled and worked all over the world.  Larry loved people, animals, and the simple life; he was the original good guy with a great sense of humor.  He always loved a good joke, and everyone loved to hear his stories and his laughter.  Larry will be greatly missed and warmly remembered by his family and friends

He leaves behind in loving memory his wife, Emily Helms of Tonto Basin, Arizona; his children, Kim Barlow of California, Chris Helms of California, Tina Silvers of Kansas, Samantha Thomas of Oklahoma, Jason Helms of Kansas; brother Burl Helms and his wife, Bonnie of Howard,
Kansas; sisters, Judy Simon and her husband, Art, Joan Murphy and her husband, Tom, and Joyce Bischoff and her husband, Bill, all of Kansas; and thirteen grandchildren.

A memorial service was held Sunday, January 2, 2011 at Butcher Hook in Tonto Basin, Ariz. Funeral arrangements for Larry L. Helms were entrusted to Miles Funeral Services - Globe Chapel in Globe, Arizona.

(published in the Prairie Star 1/5/2011)

(At the request of Larry Helm's biological children, I have deleted the names of his step-children. If you wish to see the full obit, please read the Prairie Star)

jasonmhelms

THANK YOU JANET FOR THAT. I WAS GOING TO TO DO IT WHEN I GOT BACK TO KANSAS BUT YOU ALREADY DID THAT FOR ME.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk