Back road between Moline and Howard

Started by Roma Jean Turner, December 29, 2010, 08:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roma Jean Turner

My family is concerned that I will ride my bicycle between Howard and Moline on the highway once I get moved there.  Truth is I probably would.  So  are there any back roads between Howard and Moline that I could make the trip on on my mountain bike?  I assume they would all be gravel.  Thanks.

Wilma

There are and they are mostly dirt or Elk County gravel.  I could give you directions, but I would want to check it out myself first as it has been a long time since I went that way.  It brings you into Howard past the short street that goes down to the cemetery.  Also, past the farm that was the Weyrauch farm for a long, long time.

Roma Jean Turner

Great thanks Wilma.  When I get down there and ready to roll I'll check with you about the route.  I think it would be fun to bicycle back and forth.  That will work that Poplar Pizza off.

Mom70x7

I'll ask Jim about it - there's a route he's used a couple of times to bike between Moline and Howard.

Clubine Ranch

Take Rd 13 to Indigo to Rd 14 to Killdeer.
Beautiful drive but a very dusty road. Might want to take that into consideration. I walk our half mile before I get to the blacktop and sometimes it is not a great experience other times no drivers and it is wonderful. Happy travels.

Roma Jean Turner

Great.  Nothing like a hot shower after a dirty, sweaty bike ride.

Mom70x7

Jim said the road he takes is the one Barbara was talking about - it's Biddle, headed north out of Moline, through the cemetery, and is paved for a ways. Just follow the normal curves in the road, he said, taking the east and north options.

He's ridden it several times on his bicycle over the last couple of years.

Wilma - Killdeer is the road that you were talking about, I think, that comes into Howard past the short road to the cemetery. Wiseman's live on that road, and Weldon and Betty Russell used to live in the house on the corner. Where is the old Weyrauch place? Jim and I are going to drive that route one of these days.

Wilma

I think it is south of the first corner west of the Russell's.  It is the first house south of Kildeer on Road 14 and just north of Elk River.  I can't remember who Uncle John sold it to and I don't have any idea who owns it now.  Thanks to Barbara for putting the road names on here.  I can't ever remember them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk