Remember the sight, sound & smell of money & Christmas?

Started by Patriot, December 17, 2010, 10:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

Anyone remember being young & going to the bank in December?  The Christmas decorations.  The heavy scents of safety paper, cash & coin, leather chairs, pine from the Christmas tree in the lobby and the peppermint from candy canes in the jar at the teller's window.  Maybe the sounds of Christmas songs over a small sound system.  If it was a large bank, maybe even lighted angels flying from chandeliers.

Well get over it!  Over 70% of Americans identify as Christian.
The other 30% must work for the Fed....... 

Feds Force Okla. Bank To Remove Crosses, Bible Verse
Federal Examiners Say Religious Decoration Inappropriate

KOCO.com
POSTED: 2:21 pm CST December 16, 2010
UPDATED: 10:18 am CST December 17, 2010

PERKINS, Okla. -- A small-town bank in Oklahoma said the Federal Reserve won't let it keep religious signs and symbols on display.

Federal Reserve examiners come every four years to make sure banks are complying with a long list of regulations. The examiners came to Perkins last week. And the team from Kansas City deemed a Bible verse of the day, crosses on the teller's counter and buttons that say "Merry Christmas, God With Us." were inappropriate. The Bible verse of the day on the bank's Internet site also had to be taken down.

Full story here:  http://www.koco.com/r/26162860/detail.html

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

jarhead

I think the bank should call their bluff and tell the Feds to go piss up a stump !!!

frawin

RIGHT ON Jarhead, I agree 100000%. My guess is this is coming from the top at the whitehouse. I wonder if all of the Obama supporters realized what they were voting to give up when they voted for this Communist/Marxist/Socialit/anti-christ regime.

Diane Amberg

Sorry, this started long before Pres.Obama.The tree and candy canes and non secular holiday music probably wouldn't be a problem, but the bible verses and slogan buttons would appear to "promote" Christianity and as such wouldn't be allowed. Very few folks of other religions would ever be rude enough to complain, but the loud mouthed rude atheists do, (Madelyn Murray O'Hair) so blame them.

frawin

This type of Anti Christian action by the current Administration will be well remembered in the 2012 Presidential Election. I hunt every year near Perkins and I can tell you the people in that area will not forget this.

frawin

What next????? Obama's SS coming into the churches and stopping prayer, the use of the word God, or Jesus Christ. I hope we the people wake up before it is to late.

frawin

'After Outcry, Feds Back Down; Banks Can Display Crosses - Oklahoma City News Story - KOCO Oklahoma City'
InboxX

The Federales had to back down. Below is the latest News Story on it. I think they heard what Jarheads recomendation was and they didn't want to mess with Jarhead or have to go do it on a stump in this cold.

http://www.koco.com/news/26174152/detail.html?taf=okl

Patriot

So much for 'don't mess with Texas,' as them Okies are pretty determined too.  Literally:  Christians - 1  Lions - 0
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Varmit

Quote from: Diane Amberg on December 17, 2010, 02:14:10 PM
Sorry, this started long before Pres.Obama.The tree and candy canes and non secular holiday music probably wouldn't be a problem, but the bible verses and slogan buttons would appear to "promote" Christianity and as such wouldn't be allowed. Very few folks of other religions would ever be rude enough to complain, but the loud mouthed rude atheists do, (Madelyn Murray O'Hair) so blame them.

No ma'am.  I'll blame the gov't for taking secularists side.  Regardless of what pres. obama says, this nation was founded on christian beliefs, and the majority of folks here still hold to those.  The displaying of bible verses and such is an expression of those principles and nothing more.  If the bank is found to be discriminating against persons of other faiths thats one thing, but to say that the owners and employees cannot express their belifes because others might find it offensive goes against the core values of this country.  Afterall, people still have the right to choose not to use that bank. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

I didn't say I agreed, please notice. I was just trying to explain it as it was explained to me. I personally don't agree with what the Federal reserve did.  Was it a private bank? I don't know. When it comes to holidays that people enjoy celebrating that have visual components, let 'er rip regardless of the religion. I enjoy the Mexican luminaries and their going house to house searching for the Christ child.The living stables and drive by live scenes and house lights can't be beat. Carolers? Come visit me, I love it. Since all religious festivals are temporary, it can't possibly hurt. Some people who complain just must not have enough to do or they don't have very fulfilling lives or they have a huge need for publicity and the need to feel powerful. Unfortunately people will "interpret" things the way they want.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk