Pasture Burns in Elk...More government in your yard

Started by Patriot, December 17, 2010, 09:40:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

First... suggest.
Then...request.
Finally...regulate.
Notice how soft the headline & 1st sentence are?  We'll see what 2012 and beyond brings.

Regulations few in state's Flint Hills burning plan

BY RICK PLUMLEE
The Wichita Eagle
Posted on Fri, Dec. 17, 2010

A state plan to limit the effects of Flint Hills burning on ozone levels is high on volunteer efforts and low on regulations.

Under the Flint Hills smoke management plan unveiled Thursday at the Sedgwick County Extension Education Center, ranchers would be allowed to continue burning their grasslands during April but would be asked to be more selective in their practices.

The plan would mandate restrictions on other types of burning in April in 16 counties — the core ones for the Flint Hills and the counties of Sedgwick, Johnson and Wyandotte. What couldn't be burned that month would include land- clearing debris, crop residues, construction debris and yard waste.

The hope is that would be enough to reduce ozone levels, which are driven up each April when millions of grassland acres are burned in Flint Hills. The rest is up to the ranchers and farmers to voluntarily follow best burning practices.

If ozone levels aren't reduced, metropolitan areas such as Wichita could violate federal air quality regulations.

"It's a reasonable start," Chase County extension agent Mike Holder said after the meeting attended by about 100 people.

But he said, "To me, it's questionable whether it really will have a positive impact on the ozone for the communities. That's not really a nice quote, but it's realistic."

A reasonable start my arse.  It's only a start.  The best is yet to come.  Look out.  Here comes the EPA.

Full story here:  http://www.kansas.com/2010/12/17/1637226/regulations-few-in-states-flint.html

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Teresa

ROTFL~~ You have GOT to be kidding me!!

The way things are going... you have to just shake your head ... laugh .. and reload!

Word totally fail me...

WHY can't government stay the heck out of things.. **stupid question, I know...*
They say its not a perfect plan... and that iti s gray.. you know?
Back off.. and let the farmers and ranchers take care of their OWN property.. Stay out of our business!
If you want to clear up the ozone.. shut the jets and the autos down.. the little once a year burning I doubt effect a pinpoint of  the ozone..
Sheeeese~~ >:(
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Teresa

And further more......... if...

oh forget it!!

I have a ton of work to do today.. I can't spend time on this .. and now I'm mad so I should be able to really get some stuff done today.. LOL  ;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Varmit

We have to clear up the ozone....well, they can start by kissing my left butt check until the right one gets jealous!  This is nothing more than an attempt at fighting global warming even though that little crackpot theory has been disproved.  They do this so they can have more power over the "little people".  Nothing more than more confiscation of liberty, telling you what you can and can't do with your private property.  Well, thanks but no thanks, and the epa or anyone else with a badge had better recognize the fight they are setting themselves up for.  And, No, I am not referring to a useless courtroom battle, but one brought to them by the law firm of Ruger, S&W, and Kalashnikov.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk