A question.....

Started by thatsMRSc2u, December 07, 2010, 12:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thatsMRSc2u

I have a question concerning the unemployment extensions. I personally have never drawn unemployment...I always just went and got another job but I have known people who did....I was under the impression that even if you were layed off that after a certain period of time you had to go apply for so many jobs a week to keep qualifying for benefits and if you were offered a job of any kind and turned it down you lost your benefits...so my question is how are people stayin on unemployment long enough to need an extension?? Is it that now you dont have to take any job under what you were making at your last job? I'm curious.

thatsMRSc2u

Patriot

Most all 'follow up' with those receiving unemployment comp is done by automated phone in systems.  No real follow up inspection.  As I understand the system, you just phone in on a scheduled basis & 'press 1 for still lookin!'  Hell, there's no longer a physical unemployment office in Wichita any more.

Visit Kansas Dept of Labor:   https://www.getkansasbenefits.com/
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Mom70x7

You can also do the entire reporting online. I don't know about the original report, but the weekly follow-ups can all be done via computer.

thatsMRSc2u

Oh I knew you could report by computer but I was wondering about the requirements to take any job offered or lose your benefits. But thanks for answering

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk