WANGERIN, E. Elaine (Kennedy) - b. September 25, 1943 - d. November 28, 2010

Started by patyrn, December 02, 2010, 01:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

E. Elaine (Kennedy) (Mitchell) Wangerin, 67, of Topeka, Kansas, passed away peacefully on November 28, 2010.  She was born in Howard, Kansas on September 25, 1943, the daughter of Jesse and Louella (Adams) Kennedy.  

Elaine was married to Robert Mitchell in 1967.  They divorced.  She later married Richard Wangerin Sr. in 1979, and they later divorced.  She was employed at Payless Shoe Source from 1996 to 2001.

She is survived by her children, Sonya (Mitchell) Southoff and her husband, Troy of Alberta, Canada and Syril (Mitchell) Ghio of Topeka, Kansas; four grandchildren, Shelton and Coby Southoff and Greyson and Jared Ghio; two sisters, Karon Kennedy and Sue Runyon; and one brother, Dan Kennedy.  She was preceded in death by her parents.

Cremation has taken place, and private memorial services were held through Dove Cremation & Funeral Service.  Memorial contributions may be made to the American Cancer Society, 1315 SW Arrowhead Road, Topeka, KS 66604.  To leave a special message for the family, please visit www.DoveCremation.com.

(taken from the Topeka Capital-Journal website)

Elaine Kennedy was a 1961 graduate of Howard High School.  She is a niece of Helen Hinkle and Vera Conard Roberts of the Howard/Severy area. 

frawin

I talked to Elaine this past Spring, I was helping the class of 1960 find their classmates for their 50th reunion and Elaine's sister Sue was in the class of 60. Elaine told me then that she had a lot of health problems and was not well at all. Her sister Karen told me at the Banquet that Elaine was not in good health. Elaine worked for my parents in the cafe for several years. Our condolences to the family, Karen, Sue, Dan, Vera and Helen.

twirldoggy

Jo McDonald

I am so sorry to learn this.  I always thought that family was one of the best looking families in Howard.

My condolences to the family.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Ole Granny

I remember her hair,  so pretty.  Also, long legs.. since I am short, always admired her height.  Sympathy to the family.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk