Eisehhower's death camps - dirty secret of WWII

Started by Sailmexico, November 24, 2010, 02:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

To my knowledge Americans nor any other allies baked any body's parents, aunts, uncles and cousins in ovens! And not just Jews either! I'm sure all sides have a story or a few that can be given to prove something, but over all it was Germany and Hitlers buddies who did the worst. The small German villages near those camps knew. They were scared to death! Most of the foot soldiers were too, some even managed to defect and get away.  Those stories aren't told much, usually just within families.  Like I said before, as more and more information is declassified, who did what to who and who knew what when and why some things were done and by who will probably be a real eye opener. Especially Churchill.  Ugly deals were made, but  to them at that time they thought the end justified the means.
   Al is totally addicted to history, especially military history and whether I like it or not I hear about it from him and the piles of books he reads from historians, not politicians, and all the military and history shows on TV. He would be a great one to talk with... but....
  Now I'm going to count my blessings and be glad I do have a nice house that I own outright, running water here at home, electricity 24 hours a day, heat I can rely on, plenty of cheap food, a turkey for the table and friends aplenty who aren't spying on me and telling "them " for a few favors or money. Count your blessing folks, we have many, don't miss 'em. :-*

Teresa

You know what I never understood about the Nazi camps?
You had ... how many Jews ..against how many Germans in the camps..
I wonder why they ( at the beginning before they were starved to bones) why they didn't group and gather together as a team and storm the guards.. take the guns and get down to business..

Am I naive on that? I admit I do not know alot about it.. But I always seem to think along the how many are they.. and how many are we..
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

jerry wagner

Quote from: Teresa on November 25, 2010, 09:01:28 PM
I wonder why they ( at the beginning before they were starved to bones) why they didn't group and gather together as a team and storm the guards.. take the guns and get down to business..

Am I naive on that? I admit I do not know alot about it.. But I always seem to think along the how many are they.. and how many are we..

Having studied the deathcamps for years, World War 2 is my area of interest, it wasn't something that was very feasible.  The minute that they stepped out of line, they were simply shot.  Not a lot of opportunity for revolt.  Believe, though, it did occur on some occasions.  Realistically the Warsaw uprising was the closest they ever came to success.  They managed to hold off the Germans in Warsaw for a while, but were slaughtered in the end. 

srkruzich

Quote from: Teresa on November 25, 2010, 09:01:28 PM

Remember that the people were disarmed long before they started killing jews.  I suspect that they were conditioned much like many of those today that rely on government to not resist.   
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Teresa

Quote from: jerry wagner on November 25, 2010, 09:34:11 PM
Having studied the deathcamps for years, World War 2 is my area of interest, it wasn't something that was very feasible.  The minute that they stepped out of line, they were simply shot.  Not a lot of opportunity for revolt.  Believe, though, it did occur on some occasions.  Realistically the Warsaw uprising was the closest they ever came to success.  They managed to hold off the Germans in Warsaw for a while, but were slaughtered in the end. 

And when that happened.. it was an immediate example to others who were thinking about it I am sure..

I suppose actually that they never really knew the horror of their fate.. so by not revolting or causing trouble .. maybe they thought that they had hope of getting out.. It is so sad... If they had of known the extent of it.. maybe more would have tried. I would just as soon of died immediately by trying to do something.. other than the way they had to die.

Steve. I understand that...You beat and condition any human or animal long enough and they will never fight back or even try..
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

Plus when they split up families the adults hoped  if they could hold out and survive they would eventually get their children back. Many were told they were being moved temporarily or for "training" or other lies. When they figured out the truth it was too late.There were also several different languages spoken so communication was a problem and "news" was controlled.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk