Reroofing the Court House

Started by Marcia Moore, November 20, 2010, 12:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcia Moore

Just got back from Howard a few minutes ago.  When I was down there I noticed there were several guys on top of the court house reroofing the building.  I wish I had taken my camera with me.  It would have been a good picture, or two or three.  If anybody gets a chance, I would love them to post a picture on here of the event, as it is part of Elk County's history.   

Diane Amberg

Marcia Moore

There was red tile on the roof before, and it looked to me like the new shingles were made of brick-red colored metal, but styled similar to the old tile.  Can't say for sure, though.

Janet Harrington

As far as I can tell, the construction company is putting back the same kind of roof tile that was on there. It appeared to me that they took all the tiles off, put down tar paper or something like that, then put the brick tile back. The courthouse is on the historical list or at least I think it is. I have driven by a couple of times, but I never had my camera either. I will try to see what is going on Monday and if I can, I will try to take some pictures. They are doing all of this repair to try and keep the roof from leaking. This has been an ongoing problem for probably the last 10 years.  I hope what they are doing will eliminate the leaking, so the courthouse can be preserved as long as possible.

Mom70x7

I was taking pictures of the shorn trees, and have this one of the courthouse - this is on Randolph, so it's the south side.

Janet Harrington

I think they have the tile laid out getting ready to start laying it.

Wilma

I had business at the courthouse this morning so while I was there I took these pictures.  The courthouse east was taken from in front of the sheriff's office, over it's roof.

Janet Harrington

Good job, Mother. I didn't see very many people on the roof. Do you think it was too windy today?

Wilma

They were there when we got there, but by the time we took care of business and got back outside, most of them were down.  It wasn't windy when we were there.

Ms Bear

Very good pictures.  Thank you Wilma.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk