OBAMA SILENCES U.S. SERVICEMEN?

Started by Sarge, November 20, 2010, 11:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarge

From Retired Vice Admiral Bob Scarborough, of Arlington , Va.

"I wanted to give you all some disturbing information on our wonderful president. I work with the Catch-A-Dream Foundation which provides hunting and fishing trips to children with life-threatening illnesses. This past weekend we had our annual banquet / fundraiser event in Starkville . "As a part of our program, we had scheduled Sgt. 1st Class Greg Stube, a highly decorated U.S. Army Green Beret and inspirational speaker who was severely injured while deployed overseas and didn't have much of a chance for survival to come. Greg is stationed at Ft. Bragg , NC and received permission from his commanding officer to come speak at our function. Everything was on go until Obama made a policy that NO U.S. SERVICEMAN CAN SPEAK AT ANY FAITH-BASED PUBLIC EVENTS ANYMORE. Needless to say, Greg had to cancel his speaking event with us. Didn't know if anyone else was aware of this new policy. Wonder what kind of news we all will receive next. You're just starting to see the Obamanation. Your religion is on the list next.? I don't know about you, but this makes me furious.

This is just how the Nazis did it in the 30's, slowly, one step at a time. If you don't see the similarities you are truly blind.
the older I get the more I know how little I knew when I knew it all

Diane Amberg

That was in May 2009. I can't imagine what that was all about, I don't like it, but I thought it had been modified to allow them to speak now, out of uniform. Any updates?

Varmit

My question is why should they not be allowed to wear their uniform?  Clear and blanant violation of the Constitution.  Espcially when obama recently closed a speech in India with "AL salam laka", so the whole "we don't want to appear to favor one religion over another" is out.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

The Constitution? How so? I don't like it, but I don't see that connection.

Varmit

Well, I'll hazard a guess here and say that the presidents order violates the first admendment.  You know, the one that covers Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Religion.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

But what does that have to do with the uniform, which seemed to be the issue?  ???

Varmit

Quote from: Diane Amberg on November 20, 2010, 11:42:41 AM
That was in May 2009. I can't imagine what that was all about, I don't like it, but I thought it had been modified to allow them to speak now, out of uniform. Any updates?

You were the one that brought up the uniform issue...

My take on it is that a soldier should be allowed to speak at whatever organization he wishes either in or out of uniform.

Diane Amberg

I wondered if anybody had an update on what I had read somewhere that they could go, out of uniform, that's all. You suggested that not allowing them in uniform was somehow unconstitutional and I couldn't make a connection. It's not a big deal. Really I'm not picking on you, just trying to understand.

Varmit

The connection is that it violates the spirit of the constitution.  By not allowing them to go in uniform they are saying that the men and women in the military are good enough to fight and defend the constitution, but not good enough to actually use the rights therein.  Also, it makes no sense to say they can't go in uniform when the military provides religious services to members while in uniform.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk