The Great Centralizer

Started by redcliffsw, November 12, 2010, 10:27:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

Debate Is Taboo on the Great Centralizer, Lincoln
by John Avery Emison

Lies and name-calling are preferred tactics of the Lincoln "scholars" (cultists)

I found out the hard way that Lincoln scholars (read, apologists for ever-increasing political and economic centralization) have no interest in debating any point of law, Constitution, or even history when it comes to the deeds of America's original and greatest of presidential centralizers, the incomparable Abraham Lincoln. They prefer lies, name-calling, and the hyperbole of smear against anyone who challenges the Lincoln myth.

No less than Harold Holzer, the high priest of Lincoln cultists has taken a swipe at my book Lincoln Über Alles: Dictatorship Comes to America (Pelican, 2009) in a review in the current issue of North and South magazine (Nov. 2010).

I said in my book, Lincoln Über Alles: Dictatorship Comes to America:

Abraham Lincoln opened the door to the Leviathan central state that mandates, manipulates, and regulates virtually every aspect of life in America and seeks unilateral hegemony around the globe.

For this statement Holzer labeled (should I say libeled?) me as "paranoid," "hysterical" and a "wacko."

The mere mention in my book that I disagree with the view of Lincoln espoused by former New York Gov. Mario Cuomo (one of Holzer's many sponsors in the leftist political Establishment) drew the charge of being "especially mean-spirited."

I suppose it has never occurred to Mr. Holzer to apply the word "mean" to a man like Cuomo who used the police power of the state to pile tax upon tax on the citizens of New York while blowing that money in a thousand frivolous ways that did little more than enrich his cronies. But you don't see the world this way when your job is to provide political cover so the plunder of taxpayers for the benefit of the privileged, ruling elite (do the names Holzer and Cuomo come to mind?) can continue unabated. Now it's Cuomo's son's turn.

more of the story:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig11/emison1.1.1.html

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk