To all vets past and present

Started by srkruzich, November 10, 2010, 04:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

kshillbillys

Yes THANK YOU! We often take for granted everything that you all have ensured us, but from the bottom of our hearts, THANK YOU SO MUCH!
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

David

Blessings to all who have ever served to give me the life I am now afforded. God bless the peace loving, forever surrendering souls who have sacrificed with blood so I might live free!
Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition.

Lookatmeknow!!

I, too, would like to say a big "THANK YOU"!! I have several family members who have served our country, and many friends, too!! It is an honor to say "THANK YOU"!!!!! :)
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Judy Harder

Today at Elk Valley in Longton will be a service to honor the veterans..........10:30 and if
it is anything last year, it will be "SO FINE!" Come if you can.

God bless the Veterans who thought that I and the rest of America was worth their effort!
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Roma Jean Turner

A big thank you to all who have and are serving.

Bonnie M.

I add my thanks and gratitude to all who have and who are serving, to protect our freedom.

Judy, I'd be interested in hearing how the honoring of veterans turned out at the School House.  I hope many who should of been honored, were there!  Such a nice thing to do.

Each year on the Sunday before Veteran's Day, our Pastor asks the Veterans to stand and be honored.  This year, he first asked for all of the WW II Veterans to stand.  When we first started attending Church here at Emmanual Faith Community Church, 24 years ago, I imagine there might of been 50 or 75 WW II Veterans stand, at the 8:00 service which we attend.  This year, there were maybe 15 who stood.  Of course, the congregation has many who ended up standing to be honored, as Veterans, but, it's sad how few of our WW II friends there are left.  There were probably more of that age group who attendied the 9:30 or 11:00 a.m. services.  "The greatest generation!"
Bonnie

Judy Harder

It was a very nice service. Missing were several vets who either have passed on, like Joe Tindle, and Frank Huges was missing. He planed to be in another service at Cherryvale and when that was canceled, it was too late to get him to Longton.
Not being from here, a few of the older vets who were from the county and not Longton, I didn't know by name.
Lloyd was so proud to be there and showed off his uniform with so much grace, it made me proud. Grinning from ear to ear.
Missing this year was someone playing "Taps" I had figured that would bring the tears, usually does, but I started to get teary when Before the service, the gym started to get quiet without anyone needing to stand up and shush voices. I was pleased with the young people..............and proud. choir sang, band played and it was just a nice celebration.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Diane Amberg

Most of our restaurants do free meals for vets today. We just got back from Applebees which was full of gray haired folks having a good time guessing each other's branch and time of service. Al got pegged as Viet Nam era right away. There were a lot of them there.Thanks to all.

heather_tyler_2014

I would like to say thank you as well!
Sword with a double edged blade...it'll cut you either way.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk