To all vets past and present

Started by srkruzich, November 10, 2010, 04:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonnie M.

Judy, thanks for the report.  Loyd is probably one of the few Veterans who can fit into his World War II uniform with no problem!

Bonnie

sixdogsmom

A big thank you to each and every man and woman who has served or are serving in our armed forces. May God bless you all.
Edie

Jo McDonald

I just returned from the Cox Building where the Veteran's Day dinner - sponsored by the American Legion Post and the Auxiliary Unit, was held.   Every branch of the Armed Forces was represented.
   Everyone joined in singing the National Anthem, and repeating the Pledge of Allegiance. After which, everyone enjoyed all the delicious food.
   Carolyn Wilnerd presided, Lois Roebuck was the pianist, and Barbara Greenwood led everyone in singing the songs of all branches of the armed forces.  There were veterans present from each branch of the service.  Also present was Bob Black, an active reservist   Everett Wilnerd introduced the speaker, retired Air Force Colonel Shirley Black.
  All present enjoyed listening to the speaker and sharing an enjoyable evening.   
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Teresa

On Veteran's Day we honor
Soldiers who protect our nation.
For their service as our warriors,
They deserve our admiration.

Some of them were drafted;
Some were volunteers;
For some it was just yesterday;
For some it's been many years;

In the jungle or the desert,
On land or on the sea,
They did whatever was assigned
To produce a victory.

Some came back; some didn't.
They defended us everywhere.
Some saw combat; some rode a desk;
All of them did their share.

No matter what the duty,
For low pay and little glory,
These soldiers gave up normal lives,
For duties mundane and gory.

Let every veteran be honored;
Don't let politics get in the way.
Without them, freedom would have died;
What they did, we can't repay.

We owe so much to them,
Who kept us safe from terror,
So when we see a uniform,
Let's say "thank you" to every wearer.

By Joanna Fuchs
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

frawin

Judy, who was the Loyd you mentioned???

Judy Harder

Lloyd  Baughman............He is always ready to tell about his war life...............you do need to get past his deafness but he still smiles when he tells about it.  (I heard today altho he may still get it on, he can't button it any more.) LOL. looked sharp.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

frawin

Judy, we see Loyd and Joann at the Elk Falls Alumni gathering every year. I enjoy talking to Loyd and Joann both. I lived with Loyd's Grandmother and his Uncle for awhile and worked on the Farm for them. I don't remember what they paid me probably around $5.00 a week. Loyd  was going to K-State then or had gone to K-State, they came down and Loyd Caponized some of his Grandmother's Chickens. I held the chickens while Loyd did the Surgery. Loyd's Father and Mother were two of the best people I have ever known. His Father, Tom, helped with everything going on in the County.

Ole Granny

Tom was one of my favorite people.  A good man.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk