Teachers Unions

Started by Diane Amberg, October 23, 2010, 05:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twirldoggy

Can anyone give an update on what is happening in Longton?

proudparent

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -- E.Roosevelt

twirldoggy

Catwoman

OK, people...Time for some sanity on this subject.  First of all, the only thing that being a member of NEA does it gives you free legal advice/representation when you are unjustly accused of something as an educator...And don't ANYONE sit there and try to state that parents don't do that...It's an outright lie if you try to claim that.  Secondly...The only thing that tenure guarantees an educator is that they will be given due process...It is absolutely possible to get rid of a tenured teacher...It happens all the time.  The only thing that tenure makes the district do is have to give the educator not only the reason for why they are deficient but also the chance to remedy their actions/methods.  When it is documented that the teacher still has not managed to remedy what is wrong, then they are fired.  If you have administrators that are making the claim that their hands are tied, that's a falsehood.  It just simply means that they are unwilling to do the work necessary to remove the dead weight from their faculties.

twirldoggy

They are afraid of lawsuits and all that goes along with legal action.

Patriot

Quote from: angtown3 on October 25, 2010, 06:32:02 AM
I think it is truly up to the teachers themselves to join. I think that West Elk has some members. I know when I teached I was a member of the KNEA.

"when I teached"?   ???
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Lookatmeknow!!

taught!!! Soooo, sorryyyyyy!!!!!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk