This story will probably make your blood boil. You've been warned.

Started by mtcookson, October 08, 2010, 12:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twirldoggy

Diane, I recall that there was serious talk about a system of orphanges right before the election of George Bush. 

srkruzich

Theres a childrens home in chattanooga tn that works quite well.  All house parents are on campus and are accountable.  They have a bunch of houses on the campus that house the children.  These kids are wonderful and are loved.  A bunch of these would work in that they aren't just tossed into a system with no accountablity. 

This isn't some orphanage warehouse like in the books and movies.  Fellow by the name of Pat Boone is the spokesman and sponsor of this home.   

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Diane Amberg

I do remember that and wondered if it was still working. Nice to know that it is.

Teresa

Update:

A New Hampshire couple is celebrating today after their baby girl, who was taken from them by the state some 16 hours after birth last week, was returned to them yesterday.

Johnathon Irish, 24, and his girlfriend Stephanie Taylor, 22, both of Epsom, N.H, were reunited with their daughter Cheyenne Thursday afternoon following a closed door custody hearing.

The case gained national attention last week when the couple claimed their newborn girl was taken from them by the state because of Irish's involvement in Oath Keepers, a national group that opposes unrestrained federal authority. The state, however, cited a history of domestic violence and child abuse as the reason for removing the baby.

In case documents, the state did reference Irish's association with the "militia" Oath Keepers, however it also explained Irish has repeatedly been involved in domestic and child abuse cases and had failed to complete a state-mandated domestic abuse program. Taylor has two other children who have been removed from her custody due to similar concerns.

Details as to why the baby was returned are not available, as the judge in the case has issued a gag order.

to read more:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/nh-baby-returned-to-oath-keepers-parents/
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

twirldoggy

At this point, many families move away to another location.  I would also like to add that the baby's safety is now a big issue, regardless of the other circumstances of the case. 

Teresa

Honestly? I think they need to be kept an eye on.. Not because the man has "guns" or the way he feels about "government" or what "club" he is attached to... but on their parenting of their children.. You can be a member of any group..and have a house full of arsenal...and if you are a good mom and dad.. that is all that matters..
But I really would like to know the whole story behind this.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

twirldoggy

Yes Teresa i agree parenting is the main issue.   My opinion is that it is more the mother's problem of neglecting the child's needs.  The complicating issue is violence in the family.  If the father finds good friends in Oathkeepers, they could influence him in a positive way.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk