HADLOCK, Roger L. - b. January 6, 1944 - d. October 23, 2010

Started by Bonnie M., October 24, 2010, 05:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonnie M.

Roger Hadlock passed away Saturday, October 23.

His services will be Wednesday, October 27th at 10 A. M. at the Longton United Methodist Church.

Visitation will be Tuesday, October 26th from 5 to 7 P. M. at Zimmerman Funeral Home in Howard, KS.

Memorials are to Longton United Methodist Church, Longton Free Fair Association or the National Kidney Foundation.
Bonnie

Clubine Ranch

Our prayers go with this wonderful family as they go through this sad time. Dale and Barbara

Judy Harder

My prayers to Janet and Amy and Charlie. As hard as it is to say
"Goodby" I am so glad the Roger knew Jesus and was not afraid to tell
the world.  Father God, comfort this family as only you can. Rest in peace, Roger.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Janet Harrington

So sorry to hear about Roger's passing. He fought a good fight living with his problems for a very long time. May God Bless Each and Everyone of his family.

patyrn

Roger L. Hadlock, age 66, a longtime resident of Longton, Kansas, passed away Saturday, October 23, 2010 at Via Christi St. Francis Hospital in Wichita, Kansas.  He was born on January 6, 1944 in Independence, Kansas, the son of Ivor Charles and Verna Lee (Thompson) Hadlock.

Roger was a graduate of Longton High School Class of 1962.  On September 5, 1965, Roger was united in marriage to Janet Kimzey at the Baptist Church in Longton, Kansas.  The couple lived in Golden, Colorado where Roger was employed by American Metals at their Urad mine, and he served in the Colorado Army National Guard.  In 1973, they returned to the family farm south of Longton where they raised livestock.  Roger was a member of the Longton United Methodist Church where he served on the Trustee Board.  Other memberships included the Masonic Lodge, Elk County Livestock Association, Elk County Extension Board, Elk County Free Fair Board, Caney Valley Electric Board, Soil Conservation Service, member and leader of the Longton Boosters 4-H Club, and a longtime member of the Elk Valley School Board.

Roger is survived by his wife, Janet of the home; one daughter, Amy Parker and husband, Craig of Olathe, Kansas; one son, Charlie Hadlock of Longton, Kansas; one brother, Robert Hadlock and wife, Cora of Casper, Wyoming; one sister, Wanda Maltby and husband, Jack of Wichita, Kansas; two grandchildren, Tommy and Claire Parker of Olathe Kansas; and many nieces and nephews.  He was preceded in death by his parents.

Funeral services will be held at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at the Longton United Methodist Church with Pastor Dena Allison officiating.  Visitation will be held Tuesday, October 26, 2010 from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. at Countryside-Zimmerman Funeral Home, 206 E. Washington, Howard, Kansas.  Family suggests contributions be made to the Longton United Methodist Church, Elk County Free Fair, or National Kidney Foundation and may be left with the funeral home.  Online condolences may be left for the family at www.countrysidefh.com.  Arrangements are under the direction of Countryside-Zimmerman Funeral Home in Howard, Kansas.

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk