2010 Flu Shot

Started by W. Gray, October 05, 2010, 05:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Tell any mom with several kids to just go to bed and sleep it off and be prepared to have a pan whizzing by your head. If someone has responsibilities the flu is no fun!

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on October 06, 2010, 09:07:03 PM
Tell any mom with several kids to just go to bed and sleep it off and be prepared to have a pan whizzing by your head. If someone has responsibilities the flu is no fun!

LOL ehhh they can fend for themselves ;)   I have had to work while having flu, In the IT business world men aren't allowed to call in sick unless they are on their deathbed.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

greatguns

I'm all about taking the flu shot.  I might get a bug come winter, but I have never had the influnenza.

sixdogsmom

I will be getting my flu shot when I get some wheels back! I had the flu in the early 70s and was really sick, have had a flu shot since. Where I worked held a flu shot clinic every year trying to reduce absences from work. Trust me, they weren't very happy with those who got sick after refusing the shot.
Edie

Varmit

Never had the shot, never will....no way, no god-dang way!  Neither will my kids, or my wife.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

I wish you good  health. If you had taken as many deathly ill influenza cases to the hospital over the years as I have you might not be so positive. The worst off are the very young and the very old. Some people have problems when their resistance drops to other things while they have the flu and they get sick or die of secondary infections. Some people have very strong natural immunity to influenza and wouldn't get it if they drank a glassful of the bug.

larryJ

I had to go by the hospital to pick up some meds and it was a beautiful day, and there was hardly anyone at the tents they had set up for flu shots, so I got mine.  In and out in five minutes----that is taken care of now.  I never used to get them til I got older and then my doctor insisted on it.  Now that I am on 02, with not-so-good lungs, I take every precaution. 

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Lookatmeknow!!

I took them when I taught, but haven't since opened the daycare 5 years ago.  Not to say that I might not get in and take it, I am planning on it. I have had such problems with my allergies and sinues this past 6 months, that I broke down and went to doctor and got a shot to help me with them yesterday. So I am thinking that I better get one as soon as I clear up from this bought of crud that I have had. I can't be sick, to many people depend on me, my 3 kids and husband. LOL
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Varmit

I don't know but maybe the reason people in general get sick is because of their lifestyle.  Not enough red meat, fried foods, or exercise.  People just don't work anymore, unless sitting behind a desk all day is considered work (and unfortunately it is).
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

Here is silly question. Why do some people call the flu shot a "them" rather than a "it." It is just one shot. Do you call your drivers license a " them" or an "it." I remember when I was in high school the Kennett kids getting excited about going to get "them" if they passed their test. I was a country kid.To me it was an" it."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk