REID, Connie Mae (Dodson) - b. May 15, 1968 - d. August 7, 2010

Started by Patty Austin, October 02, 2010, 09:03:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patty Austin

Connie Mae (Dodson) Reid, 42, of Jerusalem Arkansas: Funeral today, October 2, 2010, at First Baptist Church, Moline, Kansas, at 2:00 p.m. Daughter of the late Dale and Jeris Pat (Hale) Dodson, Moline.

Ole Granny

My sympathy to the family.  Dale and Jeris were two of my favorite people.  I cannot count the times I was awaken early in the morning with Dale tapping on my bedroom window, so I could wake my brother up.  Off they would go to the fishing hole, returning with a string of fish.   Memories.....
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

ddurbin

Connie Mae (Dodson) Reid, 42, of Jerusalem, Arkansas, died August 7, 2010 at Conway Regional Health System, Conway, Arkansas.

Born May 15, 1968, in Sedan, Kansas to Durward and Jeris (Hale) Dodson, she grew up in Moline, Kansas and Americus, Kansas. She graduated in 1986 from Chase County High School in Cottonwood Falls, Kansas.  She joined the U.S. Army, training in North Carolina during Desert Storm. She was discharged and married Kenion Reid on Dec. 27, 2001. He survives.

The couple lived in Oklahoma and recently moved to Jerusalem.

Her parents; grandfather, Durward Dodson; and grandparents, G.C. and Clarice Hale, preceded her in death.

Other survivors include four sisters, Patty Austin of Liberal, Kansas, Pam Collins of Matfield Green, Kansas, Dayla Nelson of Florence, Kansas, and Kimmie Ashley of Escondido, California.; grandmother, Goldie Dodson of Liberal, Kansas; stepmother, Judy Dodson of Emporia, Kansas; stepson, Kenion James Reid of Fresno, California; stepdaughter, Brandi of Clovis, California; and four step-grandchildren.

Services have been held.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk