Sweet Potatoes

Started by Delbert, October 06, 2010, 07:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayflower

Wilma...youare so sneaky!  Does Janet like sweet potatoes now?

Wilma

I really don't know.  I think she will eat them, but not her favorite food.  Oldest daughter definitely likes them as she cooks them for me once in awhile.

Diane Amberg

I like to microwave a big fat one, open it up put in lots of butter, a drizzle of maple syrup and top with toasted pecans. That's dinner!

sixdogsmom

I like to grease the outside and put them on the grill along with some irish potatoes. I usually put them on right after the fire has died down and they cook while the coals are greying up for the meat. When it is time to cook the meat, I shove the potatoes to the back of the grill to finish cooking. I am ready for some outdoor cooking!  8) 8)
Edie

Diane Amberg

That sounds like a very tasty combination. I think I'd have to grill some fresh pineapple along with that too. Now I'm getting hungry!

kshillbillys

they are really good when fried up with some onions and bell peppers! yum, yum, yum. the kids loved them too!
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Teresa

Shuddering..............
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Janet Harrington

I do like sweet potatoes and Jim loves them.  When I do buy them, I just wash them off, wrap them in a paper towel and put them in the microwave.  Excellent.

The best sweet potatoe casserole that I ever had was a recipe from Gin Smith.  She used half and half cream.  I lost that recipe, but it was wonderful.  I wish she was still alive, so I could call her up and ask her again how to do that sweet potatoe casserole.

Diane Amberg

Did it have a crumbly topping with pecans by any chance?

Janet Harrington

I can't remember.  I think it had the marshmellow topping, but I do remember it had half-and-half in it.  She pretty much coached me over the phone.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk