Put your car keys beside your bed at night

Started by Teresa, September 29, 2010, 02:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Put  your car keys beside your bed at  night.

Tell  your spouse, your children, your neighbors,  your parents, your Dr's office, the  check-out  girl at the market, everyone you run across. Put  your car keys beside your bed at  night.

If  you hear a noise outside your home or someone  trying to get in your house, just press the  panic button for your car. The alarm will be set  off, and the horn will continue to sound until  either you turn it off or the car battery  dies.

This  tip came from a neighborhood watch coordinator.  Next time you come home for the night and you  start to put your keys away, think of this:   It's a security alarm system that you  probably already have and requires no  installation Test it.  It will go off from  most everywhere inside your house and will keep  honking until your battery runs down or until  you reset it with the button on the key fob  chain.

It  works if you park in your driveway or garage. If  your car alarm goes off when someone is trying  to break into your house, odds are the  burglar/rapist won't stick  around.

After  a few seconds all the neighbors will be looking  out their windows to see who is out there and  sure enough the criminal won't want  that.

And  remember to carry your keys while walking to  your car in a parking lot. The alarm can work  the same way there. This is something that  should really be shared with everyone. Maybe it  could save a life or a sexual abuse  crime.

Would  also be useful for any emergency, such as a  heart attack, where you can't reach a phone. It  has been suggested to  that the elderly carry their car keys with them in case they fall outside and no one can hear them. They can activate the car alarm and then someone will know there's a  problem.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

twirldoggy

Teresa this is very good advice.  I carry my keys all day long, and I never have to look for them.  They are in my bedroom at night.  They will activate the horn from a long distance !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk