Howard Railroad Depot, a sad picture

Started by frawin, September 22, 2010, 04:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

Oh, what fun that was to look at those pictures and old ads. 

Frank,  I suppose the young boy happened to be you.

frawin

Quote from: Janet Harrington on September 24, 2010, 10:17:00 PM
Oh, what fun that was to look at those pictures and old ads. 

Frank,  I suppose the young boy happened to be you.

Janet, it was me and it brought back really great memories. Howard was a great place to grow up in.

Jo McDonald

And still is, Frank.  Or, so i think anyway.  Today when I watched all the really young...3 years and up play and were having such fun at the parade and then at the court house square.  I heard several say, " Mama, can I go play" and the Mother would say yes... and after a while they would be back by their Mother again----safe and sound.  What a wonderful warm feeling that gave me.  My Great Grands were doing that same thing.  I love our small town. 
  The fall festival was WONDERFUL !!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

frawin

Quote from: Marcia Moore on September 24, 2010, 02:15:51 PM
Those brochures are interesting, Frank.  Wonder how many carts they sold per month.

Marcia, attached is an article that gives some numbers on how many sold. The artcle says in 1954 we sold 300, and went down from there. The carts were manufactured until 1962, I think the total sold was around a 1000 carts. Another business that went with the carts was Harness, we sold 100s of sets of harness and many times shipped the harness with the carts, we also sold team Wagon/Hame/Collar harness. We also bought matched pairs of ponies, broke them to drive and sold the teams , we shipped one team to California. We also broke ponies to the carts and sold the broke pony, harness and the cart to people.  I have also attached a picture of one of the ponies hooked to a buggy, Myrna is driving and the person riding with her is Izola Moore, they are  in the Grand Entry Parade at the Howard Fair in 1961.

Marcia Moore

Removed.

patyrn

You look so cute on those horses, Marcia! 

Izola Moore has always been such an classy lady, and last Saturday, she rode in the Elk River Festival parade with Weldon Harrod in one of the classic cars and seemed to be having a great time.  I think she is past 90 but still always looks so spiffy!

Janet Harrington

Those are great pictures.  Thanks for sharing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk