Can Muslims Be Good Americans

Started by Judy Harder, September 13, 2010, 01:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

This is very interesting and we all need to read it from start to finish and send it on to everyone. Maybe this is why our American Muslims are so quiet and not speaking out about any atrocities. Can a good Muslim be a good American?

This question was forwarded to a friend who worked in Saudi Arabia for 20 years.
The following is his reply:

Theologically - no. . . . Because his allegiance is to Allah, The moon God of Arabia.

Religiously - no. . . Because no other religion is accepted by His Allah except Islam (Quran, 2:256)(Koran)

Scripturally - no. . . Because his allegiance is to the five Pillars of Islam and the Quran.

Geographically - no . . . Because his allegiance is to Mecca, to which he turns in
prayer five times a day.

Socially - no. . . Because his allegiance to Islam forbids him to make friends with Christians or Jews.

Politically - no.. . . Because he must submit to the mullahs (spiritual Leaders), who teach annihilation of Israel and destruction of America, The great Satan.

Domestically - no. .. . Because he is instructed to marry four Women and
Beat and scourge his wife when she disobeys him (Quran 4:34 )

Intellectually - no. . Because he cannot accept the American Constitution since it is based on Biblical principles and he believes the Bible to be corrupt.

Philosophically - no. . . . Because Islam, Muhammad, and the Quran does not allow freedom of religion and expression. Democracy and Islam cannot co-exist. Every Muslim government is either dictatorial or autocratic.

Spiritually - no.. . . Because when we declare 'one nation under God,' the Christian's God is loving and kind, while Allah is NEVER referred to as Heavenly father, nor is he ever called love in the Quran's 99 Excellent names.

Therefore, after much study and deliberation.... Perhaps we should be very suspicious of ALL MUSLIMS in this country. - - They obviously
cannot be both 'good' Muslims and good Americans. Call it what you wish it's still the truth. You had better believe it. The more who understand this, the better it will be for our country and our future.

The religious war is bigger than we know or understand. ....

Footnote: The Muslims have said they will destroy us from within.
SO FREEDOM IS NOT FREE.

THE MARINES WANT THIS TO ROLL ALL OVER THE U.S.

Please don't delete this until you send it on.

:'( :'( >:( >:(

Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Anmar

wow, this is absolute bullcrap.  They said the same thing about the mormons, and the catholics, and the blacks, and the jews.  It wasn't true then and it isn't true now.  Get over your hate.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

Varmit

What part of the post was untrue in regards to muslims?
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Anmar

the whole context is stupid and dangerous.  What are we, nazis?  These are the same arguments that the Nazis used against the Jews.  I could very easily go through this trash point by point and break down the logical fallacies, but whats the point?  Look at the posts on the last 3 pages of this forum.  We aren't talking about politics anymore.  There was a major primary today, and who cares?  There is a proposal for another $50 billion stimulus and not a word here on the forum.  Instead we see post after bigotted post about how terrible muslims are.  Who the hell cares about muslims.  What does it have to do with our economy?

I understand, you are going to say "omg terrorism"  Fine.  19 muslim guys attacked us 9 years ago.  It was a terrible tragedy, but you know what, its a very huge leap to connect the entire 1 billion population with those 19 guys.  Its weird how people are being led into their hatred now, 9 years later.  Sure there was anger after 9/11 towards muslims, but not like this.  We were fine for the 8 years in between, Bush hosted Iftar dinners, hired muslims in government, and proclaimed that Islam is a peaceful religion.  What you all don't realize is that you are being played like sheep!

They don't want you talking about the real problems, they just want you to be afraid, to hate, and to be bigoted.  They have no ideas, no solutions, no plan.  This is the quickest and easiest way for them to manipulate you all into running to the polls and voting against your best interest.  And you are all buying into it.

Seriously, think about it,  as a country, we are becoming nazis

Roma Jean Turner

Sorry Anmar I'm still not convinced. 

Diane Amberg

I think we are being overwhelmed by so much information it is almost impossible to process it all. I think the way "traditional" Muslims may and in some cases do treat their women is just horrible, but I'm a little skeptical when I see and hear the "they always", or "they will." There was no big outcry in this country years back when a lot of black folks, especially well known people like Muhammad Ali, also known as Cassius Clay, converted to Islam. That meant they could beat their women? Did we hear about any of that? Were they immediately added to the police "round up the usual suspects" roles? How about the well known Kareem Abdul Jabbar? Were/are they closet terrorists?  Malcolm X?  Mos Def? Cats Stevens? Ice Cube?  Mike Tyson? Shaq?....and many others in the sports and entertainment field. I can understand the fear and suspicion of non American Muslims. Their home track record stinks, but as most of you know I hate generalities unless there is proof and empirical data to support them. Terror cells are just that, tight terrible groups bent on doing evil. But they are not, as far as I know American citizens or American Muslims. Do we know of any cases of American "traditional" Muslims successfully killing non Muslims on American soil? ( For religious reasons) They do terrible things to their own unfortunately and have for a long time. But even with that, if it happens here they do go to trial and if convicted are punished. It is my understanding ( I don't know a lot about this) that Sharia law, in the US, is only for Muslims and has nothing to do with non Muslims in communities that have large traditional Muslim settlements such as Detroit.
 Manhattan, an international  area if there ever was one, is teeming with Muslims and every other religion that exists.They are more visible about it so people notice. They mostly go about their day to day activities like every one else. The World Trade Center was just that, a trading and business center for the world. It happened to be be on American soil, but every possible kind of international business was represented there. There were at least two Mosques that came down when the buildings fell and just like everyone, else Muslims died too. I admit to being skeptical,  depending on what day of the week it is and what the latest news says, but my heart doesn't want to believe that everyone of any particular group is all bad just because some are. When I see more real evidence, not third or fourth hand, such as Muslims out picketing pork processing plants, liquor stores and Protestant churches I'll chew on it some more. Maybe living in a college town and seeing and knowing  so many kinds of people makes me think like I do.

Varmit

Anmar, very moving and well put rant!  Now, can we please get back to the topic at hand?  After the original post of this topic you stated

Quote from: Anmar on September 14, 2010, 12:30:42 AM
wow, this is absolute bullcrap.  They said the same thing about the mormons, and the catholics, and the blacks, and the jews.  It wasn't true then and it isn't true now.  Get over your hate.

The original post offered ten points as to why muslims can't be good americans, can you refute those ten points?
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

Are you accepting that those 10 points are true and must be true for all Muslims? Does Muhammad Ali have four wives? How about Louis Farrakhan and Cats Steven? ;D

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on September 15, 2010, 10:22:30 AM
It is my understanding ( I don't know a lot about this) that Sharia law, in the US, is only for Muslims and has nothing to do with non Muslims in communities that have large traditional Muslim settlements such as Detroit.
Sharia has NO PLACE in America Period.  WE cannot have them coming in and replacing the constitutional law with their own version of the law.  Not acceptable whatsoever.  IF we allow the laws to be brought in, then it will nullify constitutional law. 

You might consider the fact that American muslims are preaching that islam is a religion of peace, but according to the koran, the only time Islam will ever be a religion of peace is when the world is under sharia law.
IF you study the koran the first years of what was written were more peaceful in its teachigns but in the later years it become more violent.   And the way they handle that is that anything that is written later in the time line supercedes what is written in the early part of the timeline. 

So essentially the peaceful teachings are null and void to that which was written about killing the infidel.

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Anmar

Quote from: Varmit on September 16, 2010, 10:52:30 AM
Anmar, very moving and well put rant!  Now, can we please get back to the topic at hand?  After the original post of this topic you stated

The original post offered ten points as to why muslims can't be good americans, can you refute those ten points?

yes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk