Can Muslims Be Good Americans

Started by Judy Harder, September 13, 2010, 01:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Quote from: Anmar on September 19, 2010, 01:35:55 AM
Because its a violation of the constitution.  I happen to not be the only forum member who thinks so.  I guess that makes Varmit a terrorist too.

Anmar it is NOT a violation of the constitution.  FIrst of all Most airports are international so therefore they are international jurisdiction and not just our jurisdiction.  That means for example if lets say Warph slaps the shit out of you in an airport and flees back to arizona, the law can come get him even though it occured outside of his home state. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

frawin

Anmar, don't try to bring Varmit down to your level of thinking, there is no comparison. In fact I don't know anyone on the Forum that has the love for the Muslims that you do.

Anmar

Quote from: frawin on September 19, 2010, 07:26:18 AM
Anmar, don't try to bring Varmit down to your level of thinking, there is no comparison. In fact I don't know anyone on the Forum that has the love for the Muslims that you do.

I guess you don't read forum topics that don't have the word "muslim" in them
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

twirldoggy

The true Nazis had a rigid world view that led them to classify others as subhuman, infidels, and useless eaters. And in their belief system, it was justified to kill those who were considered to be in those categories. ( They began with mentally disordered children in state run institutions. )  Now who is more like a Nazi?

Varmit

Quote from: Anmar on September 17, 2010, 04:40:33 PM
Varmit, Every time i start to gain a little respect for you, you go and blow it.  You want to talk about coward?  You have a pedophile teaching in your schools and what have you done about it?  Right, nothing.

First of all I don't have children that attend Elk Valley, the parents of in that school district are doing a fine job taking care of that problem.

Secondly, don't change the subject just answer the   *%#in' question, that is of course providing you have the stones to do it, which so far you haven't had.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Anmar

I've answered plenty of questions,  and usually when i answer something,  your response is equal to that of a little child running around with his eyes closed and fingers in his ears.  This time, you get to go read some books.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

Demosthenes

Good Day Alll,
After seeing this thread on the forum here I thought to myself, how would an actual Muslim, a member of the Nation of Islam, answer the questions on the opening statement?  So I went out and asked one and below are his replies to the statements made on the opening thread Can a Muslim be a Good American.

Can a good Muslim be a good American? Yes.

Theologically - no. . . . Because his allegiance is to Allah, The moon God of Arabia.  Uh wrong, moon God ? seriuously?

ANSWER: Allah is merely the Arabic Word for God. Muslims derive their theology from the Judaeo Christian traditions. Same Adam and Eve, same David, sam Moses, same Lot, same Joseph, same Solomon, same Christ etc. There are a few key differences such as that muslims believe that God asked Abraham to sacrifice Ismail not Isaac as jews or christians believe. Also muslims believe in the maculate birth of Jesus and all his miracles but not in the trinity not in the crucifixion. Muslims believes in the same God as the Jews and Christians. In fact, arab christians often refer to God "the Father" as Allah.

Religiously - no. . . Because no other religion is accepted by His Allah except Islam (Quran, 2:256)(Koran)

ANSWER: Although there is ignorance everywhere and lack of education does create social structures that are full of bigotry, chauvinism and intolerance. Islam actually teaches tolerance of all faiths, races, creeds etc.

Scripturally - no. . . Because his allegiance is to the five Pillars of Islam and the Quran.

ANSWERS: The Quran, actually is a book of God just like the Torah and the Gospel of Jesus. It is a Book of God that was revealed to Muhammad. 80% of the content of the Quran is actually the same as the Torah and the Bible. The five pillars of Islam stated below, are about what Muslim practice.

Kalima: The baring witness, or Shahada. In Arabic: La-Illaha-il Allah. Muhammad-u-rasool Allah. There is no God but God and Muhammad is the messenger of God.

Salaat: The five daily prayers that a muslim must perform three times a day. One before sunrise. Two while the sun is up and two after sunset.

Rooza: Fasting, No food or drink while the sun is up for 30 days during the month of Ramadan.

Zakaat: Charity

Hajj: A pilgrimage to Mecca all muslims must perform once in their life (if able).

So following the five pillars or the Quran doesn't conflict with being American.

Geographically - no . . . Because his allegiance is to Mecca, to which he turns in
prayer five times a day.

ANSWER: A Muslim American would have no more allegiance to Mecca than a Christian American would to Jerusalem or a Hindu American would to India. The turning towards Mecca is purely symbolic a means of feeling camaraderie among muslims.

Socially - no. . . Because his allegiance to Islam forbids him to make friends with Christians or Jews.

ANSWER: There is no such rule. The prophet himself had friendships and treaties with Christians and Jews.

Politically - no.. . . Because he must submit to the mullahs (spiritual Leaders), who teach annihilation of Israel and destruction of America, The great Satan.

ANSWERS: It is true that there are ignorant mullas much like ignorant preachers in any religion. Educated muslim leaders do not preach destruction of America or Israel. Educated American muslims may have individual political ideas, but they are well within the range of rhetoric the Republicans and Democrats believe.

Domestically - no. .. . Because he is instructed to marry four Women and
Beat and scourge his wife when she disobeys him (Quran 4:34 )

ANSWER: There is no such compulsory instruction to be polygamous. There is allowance to marry more than one wife but there is a lot more to that allowance and most such allowances do not apply today. Even other religions have practiced polygamy when populations are threatened. It is wrong to quote specific versus from any book without context. All holy books are full of versus that in isolation sound very wrong.

Intellectually - no. . Because he cannot accept the American Constitution since it is based on Biblical principles and he believes the Bible to be corrupt.

ANSWERS: They may be based on the bible but the concepts in the constitution do not contradict any muslim doctrine, since many doctrines are shared anyway.

Philosophically - no. . . . Because Islam, Muhammad, and the Quran does not allow freedom of religion and expression. Democracy and Islam cannot co-exist. Every Muslim government is either dictatorial or autocratic.

ANSWER: Both freedoms are allowed so long as societal norms such as decency etc. are maintained. There are many muslim countries practicing democracy, such as Pakistan, Indonesia, Bangladesh etc.

Spiritually - no.. . . Because when we declare 'one nation under God,' the Christian's God is loving and kind, while Allah is NEVER referred to as Heavenly father, nor is he ever called love in the Quran's 99 Excellent names.

ANSWER: Once again same God. Some of the 99 Names of God AKA attributes of GOD are listed below, source wikipedia:
Al-Wadūd MEANS The Loving
Al-Waliyy MEANS The Friend, Patron and Helper
Al-Barr MEANS The Good
Al-Latīf MEANS The Gentle, The Subtly Kind
As-Salām MEANS The Peace and Blessing, The Source of Peace and Safety.
Ar-Rahim MEANS The Merciful
Ar-Rahmān MEANS The Compassionate, The Beneficent, The Gracious

Wilma

Demosthenes, thank you for this post.  I have been trying to read about the Muslim religion and from what I have read I have reached much the same opinion.  From what I have read, I cannot see that much difference in the religions, especially the Allah.  We say there is only one God.  The Muslims say there is only one God.  There is only one God, be he called God or Allah.  Your answers continue along the same thing that I have read. 

Before anyone contradicts this, get on your computer and research Islam.

Demosthenes is a new member of the forum.  I have no idea who he is or if he is a he or a she, but I thank him for posting it straight from someone who actually knows.

The answer is "Yes", a Muslim can be a good American.  Many already are.

Roma Jean Turner

Straight answers to the questions...I like that.  Thanks Demosthenes

Diane Amberg

Thanks Demosthenes. That's a good strong Greek name you are using. Excellent choice.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk