Off the Forum for awhile... done in by a Macular Hole

Started by Warph, September 07, 2010, 12:54:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

I'll be off the forum for about 10 to 14 days... I go in for a Vitrectomy tomorrow, repair of a small hole in the macular of my left eye.  The healing period is worse than the surgery.... I have to keep my head down 24/7, looking at my toes while in my recovery chair, so the air bubble they inject will press against the macular to repair the tear to my retina.  They say that this is pretty common in people over fifty.  That's what I get for swinging my golf clubs too hard at the picture of Obuma on the balls.  Yeah...I'll really miss zinging it to Obuma for a couple of weeks.  If you have a strong stomach, check out this video as it will explain it better then I could.  Looks like I'm in for some fun... watching movies on my little Sony DVD... listening to audio books tapes... watching my toenails grow... sipping milkshakes.... having the better half waiting on me hand and foot....  8) .....   no beer... NO BEER?,  :o  OMG what have I done.   >:( :( :'( ... Warph

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

greatguns

Good luck Warph.  My husband had two tears repaired on the 17th of July and got along great.

Roma Jean Turner

Good luck WArph.  You need a digital recorder so you can record your editorials and post them later.

Wilma

No big deal, Warph.  I had a vitrectomy on the 26th of Aug.  Yep, not quite two weeks ago and I am doing fine except that once in awhile I miss the cup I am pouring into and swatting a fly is a joke.  I saw the doctor last Friday and he told me that I can hold my head up now.  I really think that mine is a complete success.  Won't know until the bubble goes away.  The important thing is to use the drops.  I used straws for drinking and I can tell you that a cup of coffee doesn't taste right through a straw.  Also, don't sleep on your back.  No problem for me since I can't lie on my back anyway.

Diane Amberg

So WARPH is number three. I'm sure you'll do fine. Eye surgery has come a long way in 30 years. Thanks for for video. I love that kind of thing and always learn a lot.

Judy Harder

I enjoyed seeing what the surgery looked like.
At one time (Oh, many moons ago) LOL I worked in OR as an unsterile nurse who fetched and then cleaned up..and at one or two of the surgerys I did get to scrub in and I did enjoy the work.
Yes, it is hard and yes, it can get gorey........and I sure wish those days were back,......but, I always like to see "HOW they Do that!" and in another lifetime would have liked to be a full fledge nurse. I made a HECK of a nurses aid tho.........Oh dear where did they go....??? the years, I mean.
I hope your recovery is uneventful and that you hurry back to us.
God bless
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

larryJ

Hang in there, old buddy, I am looking forward to your return.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Ms Bear

Warph, good luck with the surgery and the healing.  We will miss you.

Wilma, I am so glad to hear that you have recovered and can hold your head up. 

Ms Bear

kshillbillys

ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk