Vouchers Are Not Libertarian

Started by redcliffsw, September 06, 2010, 06:26:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

Anmar

They are in a way.  Its simply a way of getting back the taxes that you paid to help fund public schools.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

srkruzich

Quote from: Anmar on September 06, 2010, 10:15:32 AM
They are in a way.  Its simply a way of getting back the taxes that you paid to help fund public schools.

Its not worth it if you have to accept the strings that are attached. Same reason i won't take a grant or a SBA loan for business startup.  Too many strings. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Anmar

Every state is different.  I don't have kids, but a friend who homeschools his 3 daughters has someone from the county come once a month to be sure that they are up to par.  What are the strings in Kansas?

srkruzich

Quote from: Anmar on September 06, 2010, 03:56:27 PM
Every state is different.  I don't have kids, but a friend who homeschools his 3 daughters has someone from the county come once a month to be sure that they are up to par.  What are the strings in Kansas?

I wouldn't even let them in my door if i were him.   Up to par??  Its none of anyones business whats up to par every month.  If the state wants to know the level of learning then they can take a test at the end of the semester.

Anmar

I think thats what it is, a test.   So what does Kansas do?

srkruzich

Quote from: Anmar on September 06, 2010, 09:31:20 PM
I think thats what it is, a test.   So what does Kansas do?

I honestly don't know what kansas does.  I know there are no tests given. Not sure for graduation though. 

There is no interference from government, that much i know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk