Throwing your money in the Trash..

Started by Varmit, August 22, 2010, 08:50:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatguns

And I thought Jarhead was all about fish and deer.  You know all that wildlife stuff.

Catwoman

Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 23, 2010, 01:12:59 PM
What is a red fish? Red Snapper?

A Redfish is a member of the drum family.  Red Snapper is a totally different fish, caught with different methods.  Snapper is better tasting than the Redfish but doesn't fight as well on the end of the line.  ;D

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 23, 2010, 03:00:58 PM
People who are vegetarians do well with cheap veggies and no meat, fish or dairy at all. Maybe a good vegetarian cook book would help?
You know what veggies are getting more expensive than meat.  I think i saw tomatos for 2.80 a pound, i am guessing a head of lettuce is a pound and they sell for 1.40 or so.  And fruit is like out of sight.  I love fruit but most of it sends my sugar out of sight.  ;(  

But a vegitarian is not all that healthy.  YOu don't get many of the necessary aminos and such that are only found in meats.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

srkruzich

right now i am just burning mine and digging a hole and dumping the leftover in the hole. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

sixdogsmom

Diane, your taxes are only 465.62? Really? I am amazed as mine are much higher here.  :P :P
Edie

Diane Amberg

Yes, that is my City of Newark tax bill. For that we get streetlights, police, the twice a week trash and recycling pick up, street cleaning, leaf pick up in the fall and spring, salt trucks for ice, snow removal, hydrant testing, many free parks,  picnic benches, tennis courts, some lighted, basketball courts, baseball diamonds etc., kids playground equipment, Memorial Day Parade, Newark night, Liberty day with games and fun and fire works. Community Day, Halloween Parade, the Turkey Trot Run. Winter Fest and the lighting of the town Christmas tree with carols, hot chocolate and roasted chestnuts and Santa on our 1926 Seagrave engine and the reindeer run around town. We think it's a bargain!

sixdogsmom

I would say it is indeed a bargain! However how far do you have to go to watch a prarie sunset, how many folks do you know when you go 'uptown'? How many people pass you on the road when you are having trouble? Can you go to the lake in the middle of the night and have somebody holler "Is that you Edie?". I travel a good distance to buy groceries, and almost always see someone I know while there, 20, 40, or 60 miles from home. Naw, I'll gripe and bitch and grouse, but I will take what I got. However if there were just a few blue crabs, I would like it better!  ;)
Edie

Patriot

Quote from: srkruzich on August 23, 2010, 11:21:16 AM

Might have to buy me a goat to eat. :D  hey patriot how much for a wether ready to butcher?

We don't usually wether em.  Market was $1.37/lb last Saturday< & our average weight was 45lbs.  Family Tree in Grenola will slaughter for $60 , I think.  Sill got some if you want one,  just weaned 2 weeks ago.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

jarhead

Quote from Greatguns
And I thought Jarhead was all about fish and deer.  You know all that wildlife stuff.

That I am Guns--that I am---fish---deer ---elk---moose, I like it all but I also like WILD steer T-bones and pork chops from WILD pigs. Yep you sit me down in front of a 24 oz porterhouse steak and I go plumb wild !!

Diane Amberg

Hey Six! We don't get the best sunsets but I'm always amazed at the hundreds of people I know here in town, at least as many as in all of Howard. Being in the fire company and doing all the things I've been involved in has given me a lot of friendships for sure. The lake at night? too many bugs! ;D   Broken down on the road...people here will definitely stop to help or ask if you need to borrow a cell phone. Just put the hood up or hang a white rag out the window. And Al and I are some who will stop too, especially if its a woman with kids in the car. I'd love to share some crabs with you, thanks to my boat neighbor, or maybe some of my peach cobbler.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk