Unregistered vehicles/abandoned

Started by David, August 13, 2010, 07:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtcookson

If they do start fully enforcing this BS they better fix the roads. I'm absolutely tired of these horrible roads. There's a pothole in an intersection I commonly go through that's probably a good 3 to 4 feet in diameter and probably 1 foot deep. The fix (after quite a long time)... fill with asphalt without making it level.

I'm glad it was at least patched up but if the city truly wants to get serious about "blights" their horrible roads need to be fixed too.

In the end though I still think its BS. I really think this law is as stupid as an ugly law. Why don't we get one of those as well? There are too many fat, ugly people in the world... they're a blight if you ask me. Oh wait... I'm fat and ugly. What oh what am I to do. ::)

I personally like being able to drive around looking at old cars laying around that could be possible gems to rebuild. I did find a rare vehicle here in town that I was going to rebuild but the city said get rid of it. Shouldn't have given in because I'm still very pissed about that.

If people want property values to go up, the best way would be to bring in business. If there's no business here as well as a failing school, among many other things, good looks aren't going to help much at all. Its not really the greatest of ideas to trust in property as a strong investment for money down the road, especially now. Plus, if you do everything you can to make your property as "valuable" as possible you'll eventually out-price what people can pay for your home. Think of some of the larger cities in California. The house I bought here in town for $20k-something would probably be over $700,000 in San Francisco (before the housing collapse). There are many people out there that could never afford something like that. That's just absolutely ridiculous for such a small, simple house to be that price but that's what happens when property values get out of control. I'm sure you could find a good medium... but I'd rather be free in choosing what I can do with my property than to sweat over what my house will sell for when its time to move up. My house was cheaper than a new car I bought. The house will retain its value better than the car but I don't expect either to bring me big money later in life.

After we got the notice I looked up the state laws that were mentioned in the "blight law" and from all that I've read, its not illegal to have an unregistered car unless you're driving on the road. As far as taxes go, they need to stop charging unconstitutional property taxes before I give a flip about that part of it. Grrr >:(

;D

David

You young Man make more sense than most I have seen.
Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition.

David

I would like to appologize to all in this forum, but when I am told by a member;

QuoteI think  that because you got a ticket it is none of my business, but it truly PISSES ME OFF because you think you need to involve someone else in your problem. I can clean my little mess up, when I am damb good and ready. I dont need some wining ass* taking pics of my little mess and posting them in protest . Thanks to the pics I now know who you are and what you drive. Concider yourself warned..

I rather view that as a threat and I have never been one to run and hide.  Read this and think how you would react if threatened.

Forgive me for being me.
Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition.

srkruzich

David, old saying that i love.... Be as harmless as a Dove yet wise as a serpent
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

srkruzich

Quote from: David on August 17, 2010, 09:29:44 PM
I met with the city court today and though I felt the level of fines were unjust for me, I really thought they were bordering on cruel for most of those accused.  Many questions were asked about fairness and singling people out, all were dismissed.  The decisions of the court were clearly decided before these people, (The Accused) walked in the door.  For those who sit on the City Council, do not feel protected for justice finds us all in the end.  The persecuted and trampled upon will find their legs again and rise.  May God bless those less fortunate and may you find a way to serve your fellow Man.

They don't care about justice, they just want money. Tahts the only reason their out there harassing people.

David

Quote from: srkruzich on August 17, 2010, 09:45:40 PM
They don't care about justice, they just want money. Tahts the only reason their out there harassing people.

Well they collected a lot today.

mtcookson

Quote from: David on August 17, 2010, 09:17:54 PM
I would like to appologize to all in this forum, but when I am told by a member;

I rather view that as a threat and I have never been one to run and hide.  Read this and think how you would react if threatened.

Forgive me for being me.

When it comes to a forum I would click the "Report to moderator" link at the bottom right of the problem post. That way the moderators are notified of an issue, can check it out, and can handle it from there (whether it be delete or modify the post and contact the person or leave it as a lesson, whatever they choose to do to handle the situation). That's where I would start. ;)

srkruzich

you know i would just work on my old car. 

David

Quote from: srkruzich on August 18, 2010, 09:19:06 PM
you know i would just work on my old car. 
I was just curious to learn about the Goats.  We went to Bartlesville today and saw many ranches along the way with goats and minature goats.  I was just curious if they are pets? food?  or used for milk!  Such pretty creatures.

srkruzich

Quote from: David on August 19, 2010, 10:38:58 PM
I was just curious to learn about the Goats.  We went to Bartlesville today and saw many ranches along the way with goats and minature goats.  I was just curious if they are pets? food?  or used for milk!  Such pretty creatures.

I am guessing they are boer goats.  The are meat goats.  usually a white and brown spotted goat.

mine are angoras and lamacha's.  angora are fiber goats and lamachas are milk goats

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk