What Handouts To Cut

Started by redcliffsw, August 11, 2010, 09:16:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kshillbillys

I'm a federal employee of the United States government and I damn sure DO pay Social Security!
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Wilma

And you will damn sure collect social security when you retire.

Varmit, you can't always draw out your money when you want it.  If it is in CDs, for a definite length of time, you have to pay a penalty if you want to cash the CD before it matures.  Sometimes you don't get back what you put in it.

I guess this is all about social security not being voluntary, isn't it?  Can you honestly say that you could save and invest enough to provide you with the income that a social security recipient gets?  When social security was started, there were lots and lots of old folks that didn't have the resources to live on their own.  They were dependent on their children, who, at that time, didn't have enough to take care of their own families.  If paying into social security had been voluntary, not many would have done it as they needed every penny they could earn just to live.

Income taxes aren't voluntary, either.  Or for that matter, any kind of taxes.  Yet without our property taxes, what would you do for an income.  I am sure that your pay check comes to much more than what my property taxes do.  Am I complaining about paying property taxes?  No.  I know that we have to have some way of financing the government, be it local or national.  Social security is just another tax, one that we get back when we need it the most.  Social security kept my parents in their own home as long as they could take care of themselves.  Social security is keeping me from having to live with my children.  And I thank God every day for that.  And so do they.

sixdogsmom

Edie

Varmit

Quote from: Wilma on August 13, 2010, 05:34:39 PM
And you will damn sure collect social security when you retire.

If it doesn't go broke before then.

QuoteI guess this is all about social security not being voluntary, isn't it?  Can you honestly say that you could save and invest enough to provide you with the income that a social security recipient gets?  When social security was started, there were lots and lots of old folks that didn't have the resources to live on their own.  They were dependent on their children, who, at that time, didn't have enough to take care of their own families.  If paying into social security had been voluntary, not many would have done it as they needed every penny they could earn just to live.

You're damn right its about being voluntary!  If a person doesn't save enough for retirement thats on them.  As for them being dependent on family, they should be, family takes care of each other.  Why should I have money that I earn stolen from me and given to someone else?  Thats not charity, thats not tax, thats theft.

QuoteIncome taxes aren't voluntary, either.  Or for that matter, any kind of taxes.  Yet without our property taxes, what would you do for an income.  I am sure that your pay check comes to much more than what my property taxes do. 

Without me and others working how would you maintain the roads?

QuoteAm I complaining about paying property taxes?  No.  I know that we have to have some way of financing the government, be it local or national.  Social security is just another tax, one that we get back when we need it the most.  Social security kept my parents in their own home as long as they could take care of themselves.  Social security is keeping me from having to live with my children.  And I thank God every day for that.  And so do they.

Social security isn't a tax, its theft, plain and simple. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

kshillbillys

I agree, Varmit, social security IS theft and don't forget Obamacare will be another theft from the public in which we have no choice. Remember, they put him in office, he's not Robin Hood...

kshillbillys

Quote from: Wilma on August 12, 2010, 05:59:19 PM
It is funny the choices some people make.  Starve themselves to death while smoking themselves to death.

That's right. It's that person's choice tho. Everyone screams about the freedom of CHOICE so who is anyone to gripe about other's choices? I'm sure some of your choices may seem a little strange to them as well. To each their own!

Wilma

I take it then that you voluntarily pay your taxes.  What would happen if you didn't pay them?

Did you know that your employer pays as much into your social security fund as you do?  How is that for help in saving?  Can you get anyone to pay half your taxes?

srkruzich

Quote from: Wilma on August 13, 2010, 08:06:25 PM
I take it then that you voluntarily pay your taxes.  What would happen if you didn't pay them?
Simple answer is the Government would come and take it with the threat of death.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Varmit

Yes, I voluntarily pay my fair share of taxes.  If no one paid them the gov't would go broke.  Whats your point?  As for my employer paying into it, so what, still doesn't make it right.  
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

greatguns

Excuse me, I guess it has changed.  Use to be you got an anuity after retireing from the postal department.  No need to get your blood pressure up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk