What Handouts To Cut

Started by redcliffsw, August 11, 2010, 09:16:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

It is funny the choices some people make.  Starve themselves to death while smoking themselves to death.

srkruzich

Quote from: jarhead on August 12, 2010, 04:03:39 PM
LEAD---invest in lead. That is my advice and it can be bought local at Cookson's
Have plenty of lead.  Not enough brass and powder though.  You know i might just get me a black powder rifle.  Don't need all the expensive reloading equip
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Varmit

Quote from: Wilma on August 12, 2010, 09:40:42 AM
You see, what I do have is what the government is giving back to me from what they took.  So far, I have received much more than what they took. 

And folks wonder why the system is broken...btw, would you mind giving back what wasn't yours to begin with??
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Wilma

I didn't say that it wasn't mine to begin with.  It is mine.  It is the proceeds from the insurance that my husband paid into all the years that he was working.  This idea that the government stole it from us is not my idea.  The government provided us with an insurance policy against poverty in old age.  The social security that was withheld from our wages was the premiums.  The fact that we didn't have a choice of whether we wanted to pay into it or not was because if given the choice, most people would not have paid into it.  Then in their old age, they would have nothing.  Just like their parents before them, etc.  And would end up living off welfare, which is in itself another government program funded by our tax dollars.  Would you rather we lived off the proceeds of the insurance that we paid for during our working years or off your tax dollars now.

Varmit

Actually, I would prefer that you leave my dollars alone, I earned them, you didn't.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Wilma

What makes you think that I am using your dollars.  I told you that I am collecting the benefits from an insurance program that my husband paid into during his working years.  That is my money.  What you are paying into social security now will be yours when the time comes.  And if there isn't anything there by that time is isn't because I am spending it now.  Nor will it be my fault.  Would you feel the same way about it if that money had been put into a huge savings account and I were living off the proceeds from that now?   The money I am collecting now is the interest on the money that we paid in years ago.  It is mine.  The law says so.  I am not living off yours or anyone else's tax dollars.

Varmit

In case you haven't figured it out yet, social security isn't an insurance program, its a freakin' ponzi scheme.  Just where do you think the gov't gets its money from that it sends to you?  From the tax payers, i.e. me. 

Wilma

And where do you think insurance companies get the money they pay out to policyholders?  Does the amount of the premiums paid on it always come up to the amount paid out.  Same thing with banks.  The money you put into CDs, savings or any other kind of investment doesn't stay in that account.  It is used to loan out on interest to other people.  The bank makes money on it and you get paid a very small return for your money.  Yet social security seems to be the only investment plan that anyone complains about.  Why?

Varmit

I don't know, maybe because banks, cds, etc are voluntary.  Savings and others...you can pull that money out when you want. 

greatguns

Guess if you didn't want to pay into SS you should have made a career with the railroad or the US government.  I would rather never draw it than to have started drawing it at 25 years old.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk