US Park Police Order Students to Quit Singing National Athem at Lincoln Memorial

Started by W. Gray, August 09, 2010, 07:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twirldoggy

I think the officer should have used his discretion.  The children were reacting spontaneously to the situation after contemplating the statue.  In other words they were doing what came to them naturally and should not be told to move. This is apparently what the rule for contemplation implied. 

greatguns

srkruzich

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

greatguns

If the article said it was not posted, then that would make it the gospel by all means.

twirldoggy

Lets say the children had a diifferent reaction to the statue:  many of them thought  and contemplated the civil war and the sacrifices made in that war.  They spontaneously began crying right on the spot.   Should the gaurd ask them to move to another spot to cry?  Seems kind of silly to me.

Anmar

"The chief source of problems is solutions"

sixdogsmom

I have just revisited this article yet again, and I certainly do not see where it says that it was not posted. And you are correct Anmar; way too much has been made of this nonsense.  :P
Edie

kshillbillys

Amen twirldoggy! If you guys feel that it's "nonsense" and too much is being made of it then quit reading the topic.
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

jarhead

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk