Wal-Mart vs. The Morons

Started by Judy Harder, August 07, 2010, 07:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarhead

Quote from Anmar
(Walmart is one of the biggest retailers of chinese made products.  The only products that come from the USA is a portion of the food. )

Whoa there Hoss !!! You might be a smart little feller on lots of stuff but once in awhile you don't know horse apples from apple butter. You best visit your local Wally World and check things out. I got my Wal- Mart receipt out from last week and checked the products I purchased.
I bought Miracle Gro that says "Proudly made in the USA"
A can of Rust Oleum spray paint
Trimmer Line for a weed eater
Kerr canning jars
Kerr (canning ) Lids with bands
Quart size freezer bags
ZOOM Baby Brush Hog ( Watermelon Candy ) fishing lure (Please don't tell ol Sarge this one because It's my favorite bait)
Every one of these items were made in the USA.
I had one other item and it was Sevin-5 Dust. It says it was distributed by an Atlanta, Ga. company but does not say where it was made but because it's poison I suspect it was made somewhere in a Mid East country

greatguns

Justa FYI Kerr canning jars and Ball canning jars are now from the same company, which is Jardan Home Products.

jarhead

Guns---yes, but still made in the good ol USA

greatguns

twirldoggy

There are two Walmarts and a Sam's Club in St. Joseph, Missouri.  Walmart has increased food prices on lots of items, but has a few bargains.  HyVee has really good specials on the weekends and is giving Walmart great competition.  For example the HyVee had a dollar weekend with many good items for just a dollar.  The parking lot was full.

Varmit

Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 10, 2010, 03:03:35 PM
Wal-Mart, like a lot of other businesses, incorporated here because of the favorable corporate tax structure. We have 8 total now including a Sam's Club and a big distribution center.They hire almost nobody full time here and tend to pay whatever is average in any given area. The problem is getting enough hours to make decent money. They also move people around from department to department to "help out," but you won't get the higher pay if that job normally paid more. They also expect people to work off the clock to "help out "if things are busy. Complain? You'd better not or at the least your hours will be cut or they will find some reason to let you go, especially now.

Well, heres an idea...DON'T FREAKIN WORK THERE THEN!!  I swear, if I hear one more person bitch about how bad wal-mart employees have it I'm gonna scream.  For crying out loud its not like it takes a degree in rocket science to work there.  Just how much should you pay some moron who can't count back the proper change without aide of a computer to ring up your purchase? 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

greatguns

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk