Johnson grass

Started by Janet Harrington, August 05, 2010, 03:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Apology accepted, Liz. 

And to whomever thought it was a good idea to leave their opinion across the street from me,  I am sorry that your efforts were wasted.  I didn't even see it until it was pointed out to me yesterday and then I couldn't read it.  It just looked like dead grass to me.  I have had impaired vision for almost a month now.  Also, I can't see that spot from inside my house and when I do go out my front door, I am more concerned about not rolling down the front steps than I am in what might be across the street.  Then I am concentrating on being able to stop at the end of the ramp and by that time my mind is on the flowers.  I am sorry that it took so long for your efforts ro be appreciated.  Was it something I said?

What I am disturbed about is that one of the sweetest people in the world was upset over it.  She drives past here several times a day and she doesn't deserve to be offended like that.

Liz says that it will be hard to find who did the deed.  Entry # 16 above tells you who was spraying in that area about a month ago.  I am not making any accusations but someone should know who was running the county road sprayer that day.

jerry wagner

Quote from: the shadow on August 09, 2010, 05:36:37 AM
Just wondering, Janet, did Wilma purchase her house and move in knowing the county yard was straight across the road from her? Or did the county come in there after she had purchased her land? We're are going to throw a fit about Johnson grass and the seeds blowing around. Next thing someone will be bitching about the smell of hog shit outside of town.

Truthfully isn't it irrelevant whether the Johnson grass was there when she purchased the home?  It shouldn't be there, that's pretty simple.

Sarge

Quote from: jarhead on September 13, 2010, 08:18:49 PM
Teresa,
If I had to bet I'd say instead of Jade East and Brute you prefer the smell of Composition B from a grenade or burnt gun powder !!!

I'd bet that it all depends on her mood!
the older I get the more I know how little I knew when I knew it all

jarhead

Hell Sarge, you are too old to even remember Jade East !!!

Sarge

I was wearing jade east way before you started to even think of shaving.  Jade East , Cricket, English Leather and Canoe were the big ones back in my day, then Brut came on the scene shortly after.
the older I get the more I know how little I knew when I knew it all

Janet Harrington

Quote from: jerry wagner on September 13, 2010, 08:30:56 PM
Truthfully isn't it irrelevant whether the Johnson grass was there when she purchased the home?  It shouldn't be there, that's pretty simple.

Thanks, Jerry.  It is true about whether or not it was there when she moved there.  It is a noxious weed.  Here is the link to the list of Kansas noxious weed if anyone cares to see.  Johnson grass is the last one on there.

http://plants.usda.gov/java/noxious?rptType=State&statefips=20

Roma Jean Turner

I always liked the scent of English Leather and Brute.  One time I complimented one of my patients for wearing Brute.  From then on everytime he came  in he wreaked of Brute.  Never made that mistake again.  Ha ha

Varmit

Quote from: Wilma on September 13, 2010, 08:29:24 PM
Apology accepted, Liz. 

And to whomever thought it was a good idea to leave their opinion across the street from me,  I am sorry that your efforts were wasted.  I didn't even see it until it was pointed out to me yesterday and then I couldn't read it.  It just looked like dead grass to me.  I have had impaired vision for almost a month now.  Also, I can't see that spot from inside my house and when I do go out my front door, I am more concerned about not rolling down the front steps than I am in what might be across the street.  Then I am concentrating on being able to stop at the end of the ramp and by that time my mind is on the flowers.  I am sorry that it took so long for your efforts ro be appreciated.  Was it something I said?

What I am disturbed about is that one of the sweetest people in the world was upset over it.  She drives past here several times a day and she doesn't deserve to be offended like that.

Liz says that it will be hard to find who did the deed.  Entry # 16 above tells you who was spraying in that area about a month ago.  I am not making any accusations but someone should know who was running the county road sprayer that day.

Any bozo with a sprayer could have put that there, not just the county guys.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Janet Harrington

Yeah. Okay. I am sure the county commissioners are taking that into thought.

Varmit

Janet, I have no doubt that they are but wilmas "backdoor" accusation was low.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk