You get more for your money shopping at home

Started by Joanna, June 22, 2010, 09:15:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joanna

We had a great time at the Howard Chamber steak fry tonight! The food was delicious, and the shade trees and the breeze at the lake made it really nice, and very few bugs! There was Snickers ice cream bars for desert too, a treat from Julie & Patrick at Batson's.  I'll put a link to pictures on here in a few minutes.

We discussed the Fair Parade (10:30 on Sat, July 17)
We discussed the Elk River Festival (Sat, Sept 25)

I learned something too. In Kansas, stores don't have to post if their gasoline has ethanol in it as long as it is 10% or less. That means you could be buying ethanol gas and not even know it.  10% is a lot of ethanol if you're running a small engine (mowers & the like) or if you have an older vehicle. I was glad to learn that P&J's does not sell any gas with ethanol in it and never will. I'm sure there are other stores in the area that have "real" gas too, but if it's important to you, you'll have to ask since they don't have to post anything about it.

You get more for your money when you shop at home!

Joanna

mtcookson

That's awesome! It is believed that the injectors in some of my vehicles don't handle ethanol very well. I bet it won't last very long though, it seems like the government is trying to push harder and harder for more ethanol. I HATE ethanol. :(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk