Want a JOB? Good Luck - Ya gotta watch this. Takes 38 seconds.

Started by Warph, July 24, 2010, 12:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

According to the U.S. Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics, there are nearly 31 million people currently unemployed -- that's including those involuntarily working parttime and those who want a job, but have given up on trying to find one. In the face of the worst economic upheaval since the Great Depression, millions of Americans are hurting. "The Decline: The Geography of a Recession," as created by labor writer LaToya Egwuekwe, serves as a vivid representation of just how much. Watch the deteriorating transformation of the U.S. economy from January 2007 -- approximately one year before the start of the recession -- to the most recent unemployment data available today.
Original link: www.latoyaegwuekwe.com/geographyofarecession.html.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Roma Jean Turner

jarhead

pamagain

I got laid off when the housing tanked.....that was two years ago.
   Joe fell into a real good job by accident soon after but HE has been laid off more than he has worked since the first of the year.

I personally don't think the fat lady is even warmin up yet much less startin to sing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk